Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture companies. Our ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet. We aim to improve the sustainability, quality and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions. Our technologies enable millions of farmers around the world to make better use of limited agricultural resources. With 28,000 people in more than 90 countries we are working to transform how crops are grown. Through partnerships, collaboration and The Good Growth Plan we are committed to improving farm productivity, rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Procurement Manager Seeds
Make a Difference
You will be the part of our EAME Seeds Production team, responsible to produce and process high quality seeds across the region, from field planting to processed and certified finished product.
We all have a critical role to play and add value. Here is how this role will help:
- Create and drive the implementation of the sourcing and negotiation strategy for East Europe, aimed at securing the right contracts with the right suppliers and ensure a reliable high-quality seeds supply, at the right cost.
- Define harmonized and transparent grower and subcontractor remuneration models for a combined yearly spend of more than 100 M$.
- Implement vendor segmentation processes adapted to each country.
- You will ensure compliance of the direct procurement processes, through usage of revised standard contract templates and other tools developed in collaboration with legal and finance.
- Achieve defined cost reduction targets while securing supply and service.
- Create & maintain transparency of spend to keep identifying saving opportunities.
- Use market knowledge to better understand the environment and optimize negotiation leverage; share knowledge to help partners to reach their goals.
- Raise purchasing knowledge and awareness by educating internal stakeholders and sharing contracting best practices across the region.
- Practice and lead by example the use of efficient, ethical purchasing processes & procedures.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships (SRM), consult stakeholders, set up and monitor efficient KPIs to measure the performance of our suppliers.
- Work as a team by sharing experiences, ideas, solutions. Listen to the others' experience and draw learnings out of the team.
- Constantly search for improvements by stepping out of the usual environment.
- Establish a strong relationship with Field Production, Plant Processing, Supply Chain, Legal and Finance business partners to gain necessary business and market insights.
Qualifications Essential for this position
At Syngenta we are highly people focused – we look for professionals who are engaged, collaborative and excellent in execution. Leaders are expected to communicate effectively, develop teams and lead by example. Our industry and our function are changing rapidly so we are looking for new team members with a strong desire to develop themselves. You will be a great fit if you have:
- Familiar with working in a complex matrix and international environment
- At least 5 years of experience in negation / procurement
- Knowledge of Eastern European markets (Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Hungary)
- Fluent in English and Hungarian, any other additional language an advantage
- Project Management Skills.
- Finance and Legal knowledge skills
- Knowledge of ERP platforms (SAP)
- International Travel (within Europe) requirements of 10-20%
Our efforts to become a really good place to work
- Dynamic and international environment
- Long-term opportunities
- High quality office environment
- Possibility of working from home
- Attractive compensation package including company car
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Transportation, Procurement, Logistics
- Transportation, Logistics Manager
- Economization, Procurement
- Project Management
- 5-10 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Hungarian (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with 'Jelentkezem' button underneath.