Portfolio Compliance on the Disclosures Team, Associate
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS), a core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. PCG is responsible for implementing controls & processes, to ensure we are portfolio compliant and aligned with all regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. This relates to trading and investments, including Aladdin pre-and post-trade compliance and non-Aladdin trading compliance; global syndicate offering review; ERISA & Fiduciary monitoring, and Global Thresholds reporting.
This role sits in the Disclosures Reporting Team and primarily focuses on monitoring and reporting of major shareholdings, short selling activities and Takeover Panel transactions across the Americas and Asia Pacific. The remit of the role covers all major global investments. We are also responsible for disclosing and reporting various information to fund boards and clients, including sub-advised clients.
You would like to:
- Work in a culture of openness, inclusion and hands-on engagement at all levels
- Build strong relationships with colleagues from Portfolio Management, Institutional Client Business, Legal & Compliance, and Investment Stewardship and work closely with Business Operations and Technology
- Learn about various global regulatory reporting requirements, and stay up to date on regulatory changes that may impact the team
- Tackle and solve complex problems in an ever-changing environment, with a target on process optimization, data & technology in a pragmatic approach.
Your daily tasks may include:
- Reviewing system reports of shareholdings against trade movements, and reporting holdings that have reached prescribed thresholds
- Submitting disclosures in an accurate and timely manner & maintaining clear records of all filings and communications
- Identifying holdings that are approaching prescribed threshold limits and engaging portfolio managers to allocate limited investment capacity, ensuring the best possible outcome for our clients
- Working with our partners to improve processes and controls that build capacity and scale, and supporting automation
- Performing ad-hoc analysis for our partners and clients
- Maintaining procedures across all processes to ensure high-level quality control
- Communicating with regulators and internal legal counsel regarding complex, sensitive topics
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field (preferred but not required)
- Recent experience or strong academics with a background in finance or similar field with a keen interest in the investment management industry and of investment products preferred
- Experience in working with and developing strong and positive relationships with both internal and external partners
- Strong control / risk mitigation mentality; ability to apply proven judgement as to when to raise issues
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to work directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management. Ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to target audience
- Focus on continuous improvement and process innovation.
- Strong IT skills such as Microsoft Office applications and experience with Visual Basic and SQL (preferable)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hiring philosophy
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
As a job seeker, I was a curious person who was looking to learn new things and build technologies that served a real purpose, so finding a job at BlackRock was perfect for me.