Portfolio Compliance Analyst - BDP
About this role
Do you have a passion for the investment industry and a knack for programming? Are you a compliance professional who is looking for a rewarding, challenging, multi-faceted role with the world's largest asset manager? Look no further! BlackRock is currently seeking an Investment Guidelines Compliance Associate to become a member of our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace a mew joiner's rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day, and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success! With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to reach their ambitious goals of saving for retirement, paying for college, buying a home and improving their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
Our Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is responsible for implementing controls & processes to ensure we stay in sync with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. As an Associate within Investment Guidelines Compliance you will have exposure to all of the internal business departments and investment products across BlackRock globally. You will acquire knowledge of global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions as well as an opportunity to develop within a global group and firm. This role is part of our Implementations team within PCG. As a team member, you will primarily be responsible for interpreting and analyzing the investment guidelines of our clients, and coding them into BlackRock’s compliance system. Our primary compliance system is Aladdin, and PCG places compliance restrictions into the system using BlackRock’s proprietary coding language, which is similar to SQL.
Primary responsibilities include:
- New account coding – interpreting the client’s investment guidelines from the executed Investment Management Agreement (IMA) and implementing the required controls through use of compliance rules in BlackRock’s Aladdin platform
- Guideline changes – supporting the process through which a client may change their investment guideline provisions over time, based on their preferences or market conditions. The coding (i.e., controls) may need to be updated in Aladdin to reflect the updated requirements for clients.
- Crafting new system rules, improving existing compliance coding, and investigating or trouble shooting potential errors when needed
- Identifying coding issues
- Maintaining Legal & Compliance Restricted Lists
- Manual test execution
- Becoming acquainted with BlackRock’s various Aladdin applications, trade flow process, and data environment
- Participating in efficiency and improvement initiatives by providing ideas and suggestions on possible improvements to systems or processes
- Leading or running strategic projects and initiatives
To ensure success, you will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience working in the investment management industry and knowledge of investment products strongly preferred.
- Background in finance or similar fields are preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is beneficial. Although not required, knowledge of programming languages (such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) are beneficial.
- Comfortable working across multiple functions, geographies and partners with maturity and judgement
- Drive, high energy and sense of urgency
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
- Aladdin suite experience desired
- Coding experience within Compliance Monitoring tools (Aladdin, Sentinel, Charles River, In-House systems) (preferable)
- College Graduates with a background in Finance, IT or similar fields
- Technical mindset to learn coding
- Solid communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to self-manage workloads and work to deadlines
- Proven team member
- Attention to detail
- Dedicated approach to issue resolution
- Ability to handle complexity and stress and work in a highly challenging environment
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $7.43 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
Budapest, District XIII
How to apply:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem button” underneath.