Parts Sourcing Supply Chain Specialist
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
EmPOWERing your career
GE Power, in Veresegyház was built in 2001 within the framework of a greenfield investment, currently employs more than 1,800 people. Our production provides the following activities: produce and repair of gas turbines component, assembly of small- and medium burnspace– and turbinestator powerstation, management of turbine contracts, and reserve component trade into almost all country in the world.
We provide to our colleagues with excellent working conditions, continuous professional challenges and long-term career opportunities.
Extensive company and local bus services make comfortable the commute to work (from Budapest or the surrounding settlements), and in case of using private car we provide increased fuel reimbursement.
Our restaurant offers healthy and affordable dishes for colleagues. In the building you can find ATMs, local postal servive monthly, insurance and bank consulting, theatre/concert ticket buying possibility, or book borrowing. Own fitness room, sports courts, sauna give an extra oppurtunity to do sports, or relax.
We can make things easier for our colleagues with small children with our family-friendly rooms, flexible working hours, maternity mentoring, maternity day and supported summer camp opportunities. We are proud to won the following awards: Family Friendly Workplace Award (2014), Takeback Workplace Award (2015), Bike Friendly Workplace Award (2015).
Responsible for supporting Sourcing/Procurement processes related to PS Sourcing Operations. This role will solve complex problems, execute objectives, and support short-term/long-term business goals. A key element of this position will be to ensure business strategies are followed for fulfillment, quality, and cost to ensure customer orders are delivered on time; are of high quality; and provide cost savings to the business.
- Identify/validate supply chain for Customer demand for First Time Buy and non-Year over Year parts.
- Tender two or more suppliers (if drawing/specifications/qualification allow) to ensure competitive bidding.
- Support Commodity Site Leaders in Year over Year parts re-quoting based on commodity strategy.
- Handle obsolete/superseded issues by cooperating with engineering groups.
- Define alternate supply chain based on fulfillment needs.
- Make award decision based on qualification and competitive price/cycle information.
- Being responsible for lead times, keeping supplier market shares and using agreed prices.
- Generate cost avoidance by re-negotiating top offenders based on commodity strategy.
- Negotiate and resolve negative Purchase Price Variance (PPV).
- Identify opportunities for cost saving with suppliers and support Direct Material Productivity (DMP) ideas.
- Concisely communicate status of critical quote and order lines to management in a timely manner.
- If needed, get involved in Supplier Deviation Request (SDR) resolution by working with Sourcing Quality Engineer and Design Engineering.
- Work closely with other sourcing functions to ensure that sourcing goals are met for Fulfillment, Cost and Quality.
- Drive e-tool penetration with suppliers (eRFQ, Clear Orbit).
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for system testing related to functional responsibilities (ERP, Clear Orbit, PLM, etc.)
- Further tasks, not included in this Job Description that are assigned by the leader/manager verbally or written.
- BS, BA in Business Management, Engineering or Technical Degree.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Self-Starter – able to excel in fast paced business environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specification requirements.
- Very strong customer service and results oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Significant sourcing or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to organize, assess, prioritize tasks, risks, resources, milestones and deliverables.
- Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills in Hungarian and English, French is an advantage.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (Oracle, SAP).
- Technical (manufacturing/engineering) background is an advantage.
- Six Sigma GB trained and certified (GE employees only).
- Previously Sourcing, Quality or Manufacturing experience.
- Experience in PS Parts organization.
Hot to apply:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.