We are looking for a
Operative BI Reporting Expert - 260685
At Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and build a better tomorrow. It is the future we have in our mind when we see the speed of technology development. There is so much creativity across the technology industry that the speed of change is increasing. We embrace the opportunities of the future and work proactively to make good use of technology. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
Your place in the team
Vodafone Hungary is transitioning from our legacy IT systems to a new digital platform to future-proof our technical environment. We are looking for a subject matter expert of the new BSS / OSS systems of Vodafone Hungary who will support business users in their reporting requirements, translate them into detailed report/dashboard requirements, and support the development of the new enterprise BI and reporting system. Also he/she will deliver reports according to the different regulatory requirements like NMHH, KSH, GVH, ARTISJUS, etc. To take part in specifications, planning, development and testing of new report/information creation processes.
You will be involved in the following tasks
- To understand the business processes, logic and data structure of the BSS / OSS systems used by Vodafone Hungary
- Reverse engineer the database of the systems
- Understand business requirements from all business areas of Vodafone
- Translate the business requirements into information requirement
- Drive the business users’ requirements and manage their expectations
- Deliver the requirements in the format of reports, dashboards, etc.
- Support all projects and data consumers (BI, Big Data, Campaign Management, etc.) requesting data from the BSS / OSS systems by providing the requested data
- To make proposals for new data sources to load into Data Warehouse and data quality management in Data Warehouse
- To participate in development projects, enhancements and provides high-quality outputs
- To establish, support and use common business definitions in any reports of Vodafone Hungary
We are looking for you if you have
- University degree (IT or Telco specific is an advantage)
- 5+ years reporting / BI experience, preferably in Telco
- Solid knowledge of Data Warehouse technologies (especially from reporting aspects)
- Experience in database reverse engineering
- Experience in data modelling
- Working experience with agile and waterfall methodologies
- Verbal and written English and Hungarian knowledge
- 10+ years working experience with SQL, PLSQL (Oracle)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, is an advantage
- Knowledge of BI tools like SAP Business Objects, Microsoft Power BI
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools like Oracle Data Integrator
- Experience in creating interactive dashboards is an advantage
- Experience with Cloud technologies is an advantage
- Experience in the mobile and/or fix telecommunication industry, understanding business terms, definitions and concepts
Diversity and Inclusion
Vodafone is a company that values diversity. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with diverse teams. Our aim is to build a culture where no one will be discriminated based on either their gender, age, cultural background or sexual identity, orientation. Vodafone is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- >10 years professional experience
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English - intermediate / communication
1096 Budapest, Lechner Ödön fasor 6.
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in the position, apply online!