MSCI (NYSE:MSCI), headquartered in the World Trade Center in New York, is the world leader in international indexing. More than $12 trillion assets under management are benchmarked to MSCI indexes and 1200+ equity ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds) are based on MSCI Indexes. This exceptionally strong franchise positions MSCI as one of the fastest growing leaders of the financial services industry.
MSCI is investing in its Budapest technology organization. We are expanding our index software development team to build the best index benchmarking platform of the world. We want to be ahead of the curve, and we are uniquely positioned to deliver the world’s best index customization client facing experience. To succeed, we need the best technologists of the Budapest Technology Scene. We are a meritocracy, appreciating talent over resumés, and people who deliver. We value software development, our managers are themselves technologists.
MODULAR INDEX JAVA BACKEND DEVELOPER - BUDAPEST
The employee will be involved in backend development of a software ecosystem within the Equity Index Calculation Platform. The employee will be part of an organically evolving team, and as such might be involved with outside stakeholders, such as Index Research, DCS, Product Management, and external technology groups. They are to develop an in-depth understanding of our Equity Index Calculation Platform and then own enhancements and propose new ideas, while respecting the consistency and standards of our existing software components.
The employee will work on a variety of tasks related to an index calculation stack
Work on a unified, data access framework
Developing a lifecycle management & process streamlining tools
Carrying out production deployments, coordinating with users, and conducting user-acceptance tests
Development on Index Calculation, algorithmically and on a framework level
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Formal training in software engineering, technology or any quantitative field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of enterprise-scale software development.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design principles.
- Excellent core Java skills
- Hands-on SQL skills, Oracle experience is a plus
- Experience with containers is beneficial
- Competent with RESTful services and proprietary remote APIs
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and work well with others.
- Tolerates stress, heavy workload and unexpected organizational circumstances.
- Self-contained, proactive, positive personality.
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem” button underneath.
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law