Mobile (ReactNative) Software Engineer
Join us as we build the bank of the future. Three Hungarian banks join forces today to build one of the first all-digital consumer banks in Hungary and in the region and it is no small task. We are building a bank where people love to work, is built on relationships, growth, and impact.
In MBH (Magyar Bankholding) we combine the best of the banking world with the best of the tech world to build an all-digital bank. We cultivate a culture of low ego and set a high bar for excellence. We believe in a flat organization,– by communicating in ways that build trust, operating with transparency, and having one another’s back.
We recognize the contributions of individuals and celebrate wins as a team. What we all have in common is a mission that starts with heart, and a desire to work together to create something of lasting value and personal impact for Hungary and for our region.
If you're looking to make a lasting impact and help us build a revolutionary product – we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO
- Build applications according to the design and provide designers with feedback and suggests tradeoffs when required
- Ensure the code follows best coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with backend engineers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develops automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Cooperate closely with Product Owner to understand Product vision and value drivers
- Cooperate within Chapter and Digital Tribe to follow best practice frameworks and standards while developing web applications
WHO YOU ARE
You have in-depth Domain Expertise
- Experience as a mobile software engineer building modern ReactNative applications
- Rocking responsive mobile design
- Experience with frameworks and libraries, such as ReactJS, and corresponding state management techniques.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs, GraphQL and how to use them in practice
- Ability to write automated unit, integration, and end to end tests
You have significant Agile/Digital Experience
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Experience as a Software Engineer on a cross-functional agile environment
You are strong in some key Individual Skills
- You have strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- You have sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- You utilize collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
You have the right Mindset to learn and develop
- You are passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging /
- You want to unleash your inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters
- You believe in culture of brutal transparency and trust
- You are open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
- You have aspirations to become full-stack or deep expert
We have worked extremely hard to build a talented, diverse, and inclusive team. As an organization, we perform within a set of core values that inform both our priorities and the way we work together
- Embrace the difficult path - We think beyond shortcuts and invest in solving the right problems.
- Chose decisions over outcomes – We focus on improving our decision-making quality instead of fixating on immediate outcomes.
- We work smart and hard - We view working “smart” as just the start. Working smart and hard drives improvements and accelerates career growth.
- Empowerment over control - We hire world-class talent and trust each individual to make decisions in their area of responsibility.
HOW WE MAKE IT WORTH
We are proud of what we have started and are full of excitement about welcoming new members to our team. We also understand the importance of creating value to each individual within our team and believe that this opportunity can provide that in multiple ways
- We are building a new organization with solutions and technologies that are at the forefront of Global Banking practices
- We are using the most modern, cloud-native technologies available in the market worldwide
- We have already set-up the base for this new organization and have 30+ people working on building it, backed by strong investments
- This is a rare opportunity to partake in building a bank with state-of-the art technology from scratch
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume.
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- 1-3 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time