The Embassy of Canada in Budapest
is part of a global network of diplomatic missions under Global Affairs Canada, representing Canadian political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are now looking for a
Mission Driver and Messenger
You can find more details on https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/hungary-hongrie/ website, Job Opportunities
As part of our team, you will
- Provide driving services to the Canadian Ambassador, guests and other staff
- Be responsible for the maintenance of a small fleet of official cars
- Provide delivery and errand services such as picking up diplomatic bags, mail run, etc.
- Assist the team with logistics, transportation and small administrative tasks.
We are looking for you if:
- You are fluent in Hungarian and able to speak English or French at a basic level
- You can legally work and reside in Hungary
- You have completed secondary education
- You have a valid driving license (at least category B)
- You gained an active driving experience in the past 3-5 years
- You have an expert knowledge and understanding of traffic rules and regulations
- You are familiar with the streets of Budapest and of the surrounding areas
- You have a basic user-level knowledge of MS Outlook functions (email, calendar).
What we offer:
- An interesting, diverse, challenging work portfolio with an opportunity to get a glimpse into the world of diplomacy
- A respectful, inclusive, safe and supportive work environment
- A monthly gross pay of HUF 301 416 plus 13th month bonus pay
- Overtime and occasional travel abroad fully paid as per Hungarian legal regulations
- Uniform (work clothing allowance once a year)
- Training opportunities (English and/or French lessons, various driving courses)
- Access to the gym in the building of the embassy.
You should be able to
- Work overtime, often on a short notice (sometimes during weekends)
- Travel abroad
- Plan routes in advance and use of a GPS or other internet-based or smartphone applications
- Be physically suitable (drive long distances, lift and move heavy objects).
- Transportation, Procurement, Logistics
- Truck driver, Chauffeur, Courier
- Skilled Labour
- Driver, Chauffeur, Courier
- 3-5 years professional experience
- High school degree
Required language level:
Any of these are:
- English (basic/conversational)
- French (basic/conversational)
- Hungarian (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
1027 BUDAPEST, GANZ utca 12-14.
HOW TO APPLY/ CONTACT INFORMATION:
You may also apply in Hungarian (a CV and a detailed cover letter are requested) by clicking on the Jelentkezem button below.
Closing date: Midnight (GMT+1), Sunday, August 16, 2020.