Liquidity Risk - Stress Testing Analyst
Liquidity Risk reports to the Chief Risk Officer and is responsible for independent oversight and monitoring of the Firm’s overall trading, funding, financing and banking businesses, liquidity risk limit setting, risk assessment and analysis, and management and regulatory reporting.
The role involves working alongside liquidity risk managers with a particular focus on stress test implementation, production and analysis. The dynamic nature of the role involves improving existing as well as building new processes and capabilities for the global liquidity stress testing framework. It provides exposure across different asset classes and liquidity risk functions as well as with other control groups inside Morgan Stanley.
- Utilize LRD infrastructure to produce and verify Liquidity Stress Tests (LSTs) whilst ensuring results are accurate, complete and timely.
- Work with IT, Middle Office, Reporting and Stress Testing teams globally to implement new LSTs and build out new stress testing infrastructure
- Analyze the results of scenarios and stress tests, using knowledge of funding markets and liquidity risk exposures to interpret results.
- Work with Middle Office and Reporting to build better visualization and analysis tools for LSTs.
- Work with the Global Stress Testing team, Risk Analytic Strategists and IT to implement reliable and accurate liquidity stress testing methodologies across products classes and risk types.
- Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background, including a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences, engineering or business information technology.
- Candidates will be expected to show good judgment of liquidity risk and an understanding of product classes giving rise to such risk (in particular secured funding, derivative funding and prime brokerage).
- The role involves working closely with several other areas including IT, Risk Infrastructure, Model Risk and the Business Unit, therefore the candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships and be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
- Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
- Strong IT skills are required to facilitate data analysis; competence with SQL, R, Python, MS Excel and VBA is required
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
- Education, Research, Science
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor
- Project Management
- Full time
- professional experience is not required
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply:
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please send your resume.