Every day more than hundred thousand airplanes take off from airports all over the world. Even a single plane's take-off requires countless critical finely tuned technical and logistic processes, which would be impossible without a stable and innovative IT background.
Lufthansa Systems Hungária Kft has acquired a unique know-how in developing innovative applications for global customers within and outside the airline industry. We offer you the possibility to work for the one and only Hungarian aviation IT software development company.
In this position you will have the opportunity to get a deeper insight into aviation IT systems. If you enjoy working in Linux environment, maintain cloud based infrastructure, creating automation solutions, acquiring new knowledge and you're looking for varied and challenging technical tasks send your application and join us at Lufthansa Systems Hungária.
Join us as a Linux Engineer to strengthen our professional and friendly team!
Your responsibilities will include
- Implementing cloud based and on-premise infrastructure
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and supporting Linux systems
- Providing engineering and administration support
- Support Application Operations and DevOps teams in problem resolution and solution implementation
- Control and troubleshooting the access and availability of IT systems
- Maintaining patch management and security hardening
- Maintain DNS, Internet facing solutions
- Design, implement and maintain HA solutions based on Product requirements
- Conduct performance analysis and system tuning
- Implement and maintain backup solutions
- Operate and supervise virtualization solutions
- Accomplish daily operating tasks
- Participating in 3rd level oncall support duties as part of the infrastructure team
You are looking for us, if You have
- Knowledge of Linux operating system (CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Experience in server management (web, application, database)
- Experience in Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS)
- Configuration management skills (Unix: Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc)
- Basic routing, networking, DMZ and firewall backgrounds (Bind, Squid, TCP/UDP, Standard protocols)
- Experience with container-based virtualization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Solid knowledge wit virtualization solutions (VMware, KVM, Xen)
- Familiarity with backup solutions (Veeam, ComVault)
- Experience with central patch management solutions (RedHat Satelite, Spacewalk, Katello)
- Familiarity with the installation and basic configurations of development pipeline tools (Git, SVN, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar)
- General software development knowledge
- Familiarity with at least one Script language (bash, python, perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- High level of problem solving skills
- Good technical English knowledge
- Great communication skills
- Strong team-spirit and ability of self-organizing
- Ability and willingness to expand knowledge and keeping up with the constantly improving Cloud technologies
- Customer oriented mindset
- Are flexible and reliable with a good sense of priority
- Willingness to travel < 10%
Advantage can be
- Atlassian product knowledge (Jira, Confluence)
- German language knowledge
What are the benefits of joining us as an employee?
- Even when you work hard, you will still have time for your personal life: our flexible working hours based on core time, the exact observance of the designated number of working hours and the benefits that can be extended to cover your family you can also improve your non-working life!
- We have long-term plans for you! We have carefully designed career paths (and a career management system), we provide the appropriate training courses and projects to accomplish your aims.
- Our community is characterized by mutual respect and an attitude of helpfulness. This high professional quality level and the colourful personalities will help you spend your everyday life in a good mood, why you make the best of your skills and talents.
- We are happy when you are open and help you discover the world: after six months you will receive substantial discounts that you can use to visit any place in the world taking Lufthansa flights!
- In addition to an inclusive and helpful atmosphere, trust is also an important value for us. You can rely on us with anything right from your first day, and we also trust you to the utmost extent.
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Tester, Test Engineer
- 1-3 years professional experience
- High school degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
To apply you have to push the „Jelentkezem” button, what you can find below.