We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Customer Retail Accounting Team and advance your career as a
Lead Retail Site Accountant - Budapest
Customer teams are dealing with sales support processes, account management, order taking, invoicing, cash collection, pricing, service request management and supply chain management activities.
In this role You will:
- Reconciliation of assigned Balance Sheet Accounts, investigation of any issues
- Raise documentation for manual journal entries and accruals
- Keep in close contact with GBS teams and technical Support, to ensure complete Drystock accounting
- Act as a focal point within the team providing guidance and support to other team members, assisting in the resolution of queries
- Support the Team Lead in Month End Close coordination and stand-in on weekly/monthly reviewes with Business and GBS Management
- Support the Accounting Manager with any queries and initiatives related to GL/accounting activities Assist the Retail business with handling Finance-related queries
- Provide expertise and support for projects as and when required
- Act as a SPOC, be the first point of escalation and assisting in motivation and development of the team
- Understanding procedures and processes both from the individual activity/process and also as an overview within Retail Business,
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation, customers and external service providers
- Ensure team process and procedure documentations are maintained and fit for purpose
- Ensure weekly and monthly reports are prepared on time, and prepare ad-hoc reports upon request of TL or Business
- Take active part in training new team members – cover general topics regarding business background and team activity
- Ensure Interns are trained for the assigned activities and have proper accesses relevant to the AR activities
- Ensure procedure documentation is up-to-date
We have the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 years GL Accounting experience
- High analytical skills and proficiency in Excel
- Fluency in English
- German language knowledge is a huge advantage
- Accounting studies and relevant experience, preferably in SAP system
- Logical thinking, ability to understand complex processes
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to work under time pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to deal with complex situations while maintaining the right balance of customer and business focus
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Highly motivated
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
From 1 September 2020, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary.
- Finance, Accounting
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- 3-5 years professional experience
- High school degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
1133 Budapest, Árbóc utca 1-3.
HOW TO APPLY/ CONTACT INFORMATION:
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!