Connecting you to more
Take the next step in your career with a highly successful global organisation!
The Business Support Centre (BSC) of Avis Budget Group, a globally leading vehicle rental service provider, is providing support from beautiful Budapest mainly covering customer care, commercial support and financial services.
The purpose of the job is to provide development and operations support within the global data engineering and analytics, business intelligence team. The role will help with the advancement of ABG’s Enterprise data driven solutions, primarily the cloud based data lake, including the enforcement of best practices, governance, and focus on automation, efficiency and performance. The job is mainly technical, focusing on development, operations and support aspect of the Business Intelligence solutions delivered within the data realm.
Lead Data Engineer (24883)
Your role will be:
- Maintaining awareness of modelling techniques covering full range of analysis situations in the context of business analysis.
- Designing appropriate data models for meeting assigned objectives, and modelling current and desired future scenarios as directed.
- Identifying most appropriate and effective use of storage and data processing facilities and setting strategy and standards for whole application areas
- Leading practical implementation work under the technical direction of the system designer/architect.
- Working with data management colleagues to ensure that modelling is carried out consistently, and that corporate standards for repository administration and data dictionaries are observed.
- Contributing to the setting of standards for database objects (e.g. naming conventions) and ensures conformance to these standards.
- Within a project environment, assisting in the investigation of application data and process requirements, documenting them according to the required standards utilising the prescribed methods and tools.
- Interpreting design architecture to meet specification e.g. assistive technology, parallel processing.
- Taking responsibility for the design, coding, testing and documentation of particularly large, complex or mission critical programs.
- Analysing requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency
- Mentoring junior colleagues and share knowledge and experience gained in different areas
To join us, we are looking forward to your application if you have:
- University / College degree, preferably in IT domain, or Business/Economics
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data engineering and/or business intelligence
- Solid expertise in many areas of data engineering, including: data modelling, ETL design and development, data and metadata managements, query design/development/tuning, database optimization, data governance, data quality, best practices
- Expert level understanding of databases and data technologies including: traditional RDMBS, noSQL, data stream solutions (advanced level SQL knowledge is required)
- Practical experience with one of the market leading cloud platforms (preferably AWS) and cloud design patterns
- At least medior level programming skills with at least one language (preferred to have python skills)
- Hands on usage of BI tools: Tableau, PowerBI
- Have the mindset to regularly make commitments and consistently meeting targets
- The eagerness to learn and adapt new technologies, industry practices, tools, and trends, you are engaged with life-long learning principals
- Fluent level of English. Additional language knowledge is a plus. Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary teamwork skills
- Good in time-management, can meet deadlines
- Self-starter mentality: able to initiate, prioritize, and complete assignments with little to no supervision
Why Avis Budget Group BSC is a great place to build a career at:
- our BSC is the Award winner Best SSC in the CEE Region (2018)
- our BSC is Centre of Excellence and largest Avis Budget Group site globally
- multicultural, diverse team with colleagues from over 40 different countries
- friendly, collaborative culture & approachable leadership
- opportunities for growth & development throughout your career
- high-energy place with winning spirit where things move forward every day
- Hungary’s greenest, environmentally conscious, award-winning office
- various fun company events and volunteer initiatives
- car rental and partner discounts in addition to your compensation package
- working from home-office
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Project Management
- Database Expert
- 5-10 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
- Home office available
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem button” underneath.