Lead Commodity Specialist - MRO
Role Summary / Purpose
We offer you the opportunity to help us to further shape a dynamic, fast-paced Category Management Sourcing team within GE Global Operations EU&RUCIS Supply Chain, Indirect Sourcing as Maintenance, Repair and Operations supplies (MRO) Lead Commodity Specialist. By Category Management we mean the organized and collaborative approach to leverage targeted spend across the company with selected suppliers to create higher value for GE.
GE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace. We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed … so GE Works.
- The MRO Lead Commodity Specialist demonstrates accountability for functional business and broad company objectives, allowing businesses and functions to systemically work on spend areas and strategic processes that result in cost optimization benefits.
- In this role, you will assist in the development and execution of the global sourcing strategies defining the regional strategy that align with the global one for procurement of MRO consumables goods and maintenance services for manufacturing, assembly and repair facilities in Europe.
- The successful candidate will own one or more Tier 2 commodities (nearly $100M spending) exploring purchase opportunities in the regional and worldwide markets, developing and communicating Category strategy, defining and maintaining the Preferred Suppliers List, designing and determining effective buying channels, developing Supplier commercial relationship.
- You will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and impact short term and some long-term business goals.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams (Business Sourcing, Compliance, Engineering, Finance, Quality, Legal and Health and Safety), you will:
- Assist in the development & execution of the global sourcing strategies at the local level that deliver a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives; supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
- Execute regional cost reduction projects that support the global projects through contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls, including collaboration with Finance to validate the impact of projects and contract negotiations to the general ledger.
- Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance and develop improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure sourced goods and services meets the business needs.
- Research, analyze and synthesize industry, market, spend, risk and commodity data to make recommendations on approach and strategy.
- Partner with Deploy organization to ensure appropriate support, fulfillment and quality requirements meet business expectations.
- Implement Sourcing’s Strategy maximizing cost-out on assigned commodities using negotiations, E-Auctions, re-design and operations’ cost-per-hour rate reduction initiatives.
- Lead supplier’s selection and bidding (RFQ), price negotiation process and act as the Sourcing owner in regards of pricing, fulfillment and compliance.
- Achieve lowest possible cost for material, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques, using available expertise from supporting organizations; implement purchase contracts following applicable company and government regulations.
- Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources, obtain bids, and plan programs to meet business needs.
- Provide coordination and leadership in procurement activities for assigned commodities.
- Responsible for assigned commodities to meet the requirements of the business.
- Contribute to Company’s objectives through effective negotiation of requirements by aggregation of demand and supplier consolidation cross GE businesses within EU&RUCIS Supply Chain premises.
- Develop and analyze sourcing data to support development of an appropriate negotiating strategy that will maximize the savings opportunities
- Lead contract development and prepare contracts for execution with legal and other approving departments to ensure adequate protections are included.
- Coordinate, help direct, as well as perform, all required function from initiation of an intent to purchase through satisfactory delivery of material or services.
- Initiate necessary action to assure best value is received, customer delivery requirements are met, and address any manufacturing problem at supplier’s facility.
- Take ownership for corrective action and resolution for product quality issues with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and lead simplification projects.
- Adhere to company and department’s policies and procedures
- In doing so, it will be mandatory for you to maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in all dealings. with supply base and internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance or Supply Chain Management, or a related field required with equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience in support to Supply Chain/Sourcing environment.
- Fluent in English.
- Professional working knowledge of ERP/SSP software systems, eCatalogues, punch-outs.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Word) and social media.
- Experienced with RFx implementation and execution with a history of supplier base consolidation.
- Aggressive self-starter.
- Demonstrated professional oral/written communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of marketplace, current market conditions, pricing and sources of supply.
- Availability to travel both nationally and internationally (20% of time)
How to apply:
Please use the "Jelentkezem" button below.