Our multinational partner company is looking for an enthusiastic Lead Buyer colleague with fluent English knowledge.
Why it is a good opportunity for you:
- Value added processes, complex tasks
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Attractive work environment
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Flexible Home Office opportunity
What you will be doing:
- Serve as an expert in the strategic sourcing process within Logistics/Warehousing categories, including strategy execution, RFQ/RFP life cycle, contract negotiations and TCO reductions.
- Develop and execute strategic sourcing and other supply management strategies that drive continuous improvements in supplier performance, reduce costs, minimize risk, and harvest innovation across the supply base.
- Develop, negotiate, and manage LTA’s with key suppliers that minimize risk and total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Portfolio analysis, define, create, and implement T&L and technology roadmaps, supplier pricing strategy, supply base optimization for strategic category.
- Develop cost models to understand cost drivers of purchased transportation, logistics and warehousing services and utilize negotiation and cost management tools to obtain best in class pricing.
- Leverage comprehensive understanding of the transportation market to provide insight and create opportunities for transportation planning improvements.
- Lead cross-functional category team(s) in the execution of sourcing initiatives, cost reduction & productivity projects.
- Coach and mentor team members to build the organization’s category expertise.
- Build and maintain successful and effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor market trends and maintain high level of subject matter expertise in defined areas of responsibility.
- Establish and communicate supplier performance expectations, monitor, and drive compliance with suppliers.
- Ensure continuity of supply by proactively managing critical supply issues, secure and maintain effective supplier capacity to meet current and future needs.
Requirements that make you the best candidate:
- 10+ years of progressive Procurement experience with at least three years of experience within the transportation, logistics and related service categories.
- English knowledge is a must, German or French is a plus
- BS/BA degree in business/finance or engineering or closely related field, advanced degree preferred.
- Must possess Transportation & Logistics / Supply Chain Services category knowledge in addition to strong program and project management skills.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following Categories: Transportation & Logistics, Warehousing, 3PL, Supply Chain Operations.
- CPM, CPSM, CPIM, or PMP, Lean Six Sigma Black belt or Greenbelt certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated success in implementing a Europe T&L category strategic plan with a matrixed team environment.
- Transportation, Procurement, Logistics
- Transportation, Logistics Manager
- Economization, Procurement
- Project Management
- >10 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
- Home office available
How to apply:
Do not miss the opportunity! Apply directly via "Jelentkezem" button underneath, for a short, pressure free and confidential discussion on this role and other opportunities.