Java Web Developer, Aladdin Product Group
BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
Aladdin Product Group is seeking a talented, hands-on Java Web Developer to join its Regulatory Tech team. The Regulatory Tech team provides a comprehensive surveillance solution for Compliance that helps the firm protect itself against market manipulation, fraud and other financial related misconducts. Our product is widely used in the firm and is going through a series of feature buildouts so that it can be offered to external clients. We are facing a lot of potential and exciting times ahead.
As a team, we nurture and develop a culture that is:
- Curious: We like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Brave: We are willing to get outside your comfort zone
- Passionate: We feel personal ownership of your work, and strive to be better
- Open: We value and respect other's opinions
- Innovative: We conceptualize, design and implement new capabilities to ensure that Aladdin remains the best platform.
We are seeking an ambitious professional having strong technical experience in web development. You have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and enjoy working in a team of engineers. The ideal candidate shows aptitude to evaluate and incorporate new web technologies. You thrive in a work environment that requires creative problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, open communication and attention to details. You are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You are passionate about bringing value to clients.
As member of the Regulatory Tech team, you will:
- Work with engineers, project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts throughout the whole SDLC
- Design and implement new features in our core product’s web application
- Work on the front-end and back-end side of the web application
- Be brave enough to come up with ideas to improve the User Experience
- Participate in setting coding standards and guidelines, identify and document standard methodologies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in modern web development using Angular
- Hands-on experience with Java and Spring Framework
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Cassandra
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with TDD/BDD and UI testing frameworks
Interested? Hit apply!
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hiring philosophy
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
As a job seeker, I was a curious person who was looking to learn new things and build technologies that served a real purpose, so finding a job at BlackRock was perfect for me.