JAVA BACKEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Your Team responsibilities
As a member of the Data IT Development team you will build high performance and scalable services primarily using various programming language and technologies. These services will provide an efficient and comprehensive gateway into data warehouse where millions of market data are catalogued and stored. You will work within a local and global team of highly skilled Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Product Managers. Additionally, you will have significant interaction with the Developers and Testers working in our teams all over the world.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance & retirement savings plans/pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- Regarding Covid19, a specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop, support and expand the current API solution of a service that is running 7x24 and services most of the company with terms & conditions data.
- Improve and create a modern and sophisticated platform using latest technologies and following industry best practices
- Ensure optimal availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of real-time application development by advocating engineering reliability into the development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches
- Evaluate different Architectural & Design approaches, solutions, frameworks & technologies and recommend the most suitable one
- Develop best practices for architecture, design, coding & automated test coverage
- Develop, document and deploy reliable and scalable systems to automate the operation and management of our market data system
- Develop internal tools for testing and data and traffic analysis
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to convert business requirements into applications, tools, and deliver these as part of a product release roadmap
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- 4 years plus software development experience in Java stack in Linux and Windows
- Working experience with Maven build system.
- Working experience with bash and/or perl scripting
- Working experience with JSON, XML
- Working experience of a reusable framework (Spring, Jetty) is a plus
- Working knowledge of automated build/integrated testing solution such as TeamCity and Jenkins
- Working experience with searchable solution such as ElasticSearch/Lucene/Solr
- Experience with relational databases and SQL, such as Oracle/Sybase, with practices on data model design and PL/SQL development and tuning. Working experience with Sybase is a plus.
- Strong understanding of multithreading and low latency principles in software development
- A cooperative team player who can handle tight development deadline
- Passion for discovering working systems and proactively search for improvements
- Knowledge of reverse engineering existing data models to produce E/R diagrams
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Employee resource groups such as the Women’s Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, and Eco-Groups
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women, ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- 3-5 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
1134 BUDAPEST, KASSÁK LAJOS utca 19-25.
How to apply/ contact information:
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!