Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
IT Systems Administrator
Manages, supports and coordinates the complete range of IT services such as physical and virtual server infrastructure, data & storage management, backups, cloud infrastructure, Office 365 services, mobility, identity management, certificates, support and troubleshooting. Has thorough knowledge of hardware, software, data communications, and user applications areas. Typically requires significant experience in managing the delivery of technical services, together with project management experience in technical infrastructure areas. Reports to the corporate IT Infrastructure Manager.
- In this role, you will be supporting the corporate staff with all their IT requirements.
- Daily duties will vary and will include troubleshooting, software and hardware support to onsite users and remote offices.
- System administration duties will include providing support to our VMWare & Nutanix virtual and on-premises Windows based servers. Have advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Windows server environment.
- Nutanix and Cohesity knowledge a plus.
- You will also have a positive attitude, a strong sense of urgency, excellent communication skills and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction with the ability to prioritize and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Virtualization Infrastructure Experience utilizing VMware vSphere and Nutanix platforms including upgrades and deployments and daily maintenance.
- Windows Troubleshooting (Active Directory, DNS, DFSR and GPOs)
- Enterprise Cloud Management and Administration (desired: vRealize Automation)
- Responsible for the administration of the backup systems (Cohesity & TSM). This includes performance, security, sizing, support, client and administrative schedules, node, domain, management class, policy, device class and storage pool configurations.
- Other responsibilities include daily monitoring and maintenance of backup systems, including DR plan, server and client processes and schedules, monitoring disk pool and library utilization, system performance, change management, monitoring for failed backups, issues and end user support.
- Responsible for installing server software, agents, registering nodes and creating schedules
- Adhere to IT Change management governance model following change control, incident response, and testing processes for modifications to virtualization technologies
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to, and resolve issues with virtualization, storage access, and data retrieval
- Research and make recommendations on virtualization products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Monitor, analyze, and predict trends for virtualization infrastructure performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend enhancements to the IT storage team
- Create power cli scripts to support automation and administrative simplification
- Maintain virtual systems support and architecture documentation
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Works off hours to provide support for systems administration
- Provide clear, helpful and considerate instructions to end-users
- Must have support experience in VMWare (vRA, VROps, Log Insight), Nutanix, including build outs of physical hosts/farms and virtual server configurations. Along with physical to virtual migrations. (This includes base knowledge around storage and network within a virtualized environment).
- Requires basic knowledge around SAN storage infrastructure and network troubleshooting. Including the ability to troubleshoot server network and blade chassis switch issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in a non-emotional, non-confrontational manner, often in a high-pressure situation.
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- 5+ years of professional VMware and Nutanix system administration experience
- Cohesity and TSM backup system administration experience
- Demonstrated experience with Windows System and advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, Single Sign On, AD Federation, DNS, DHCP
- Advanced Windows Server 2016+ experience.
- Strong knowledge of VMware ESX / vSphere.
- Strong knowledge of SAN Storage Configuration and Administration.
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell Scripting.
- Working knowledge of Office365, Intune.
- Azure cloud IaaS.
- Strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology.
- Ability to facilitate problem-solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff, and senior management.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries
- Have strong customer service skills.
- Microsoft certifications preferred
- MCSE preferred.
- Azure Administrator or Architect a plus
- Proficient in English, Proven written and verbal communications
- Acts independently; come up with ideas and offers alternatives to facilitate solutions.
- Collaborates on architectural designs.
- Seeks opportunity to take on larger, more complex initiatives.
- Demonstrating the ability to manage multiple tasks, activities, and commitments
- Ability to resolve differences among colleagues.
- Recognizing problems and recommending solutions.
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- System operator, Maintenance Staff
- IT Administrator
- 5-10 years professional experience
- High school degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!