IT Operator - L1 (PB-7914)
A munkáltatóról / About the company
On behalf of our multinational Client we are looking for qualified candidates to their Budapest office. This position is responsible, working with a for working with a Senior Computer Operator or Computer Operator to run and support the daily, weekly and monthly computer schedules run on all platforms supported out of the UK Data Centre. This role is responsible for ensuring that the batch schedule is completed on time and a smooth hand over is made between the shifts. This role includes the responsibility for the running of scheduled batch jobs, the back up of the various data files, the operational management of the key processors (IPL etc), monitoring of the EAME WAN and problem resolution/escalation for any issues that occur. The role includes providing back up IT Service Desk during the day and is the primary IT Service Desk for the UK based infrastructure and systems overnight.
Pozíció részletezése / Position overview
Responsibilities / Feladatok
- Daily operational management of the infrastructure housed in the UK Data Centre to ensure that it maintains high availability. If there are any issues these are escalated to the relevant support group or vendor in a timely manner
- Monitor the EAME WAN to detect any issues and ensure a timely resolution
- Running the daily, weekly and monthly batch schedules on all the platforms housed in the UK data center which includes IBM I Series, P Series and Wintel Servers to achieve predetermined deadlines. Using Redwood & CA Scheduling systems.
- Provide problem resolution/escalation for all issue impacting the batch schedule, overall systems operation of the infrastructure in the UK Data Centre
- Management of operations staff to achieve a timely completion of all activities and a smooth handover to the next shift
- Provide a basic Help Desk support service during European out of business hours and back up Help Desk support during the day
- Monitoring of the UK Data Centre environmental to ensure the smooth operation of the facility
Requirements / Elvárásaink
- Knowledge of Operational support of Enterprise class Data Centre environmental
- Strong knowledge of operating Redwood or other scheduling systems across a multi platforms environment
- Knowledge of basic Help Desk procedures
- A demonstrable knowledge of Enterprise Systems and Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of general support of a global Enterprise WAN/DMVPN
- Knowledge of an Incident management procedures
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in IT Operations
- A good knowledge of the batch schedules and schedulers
- An understanding of the environmental controls in a Data Centre
Please note that this position requires working in shifts. and 2 week training abroad in the initial period.
Our company is a recruitment agency with Hungarian ownership having significant references and clientele. We have been successful in both Hungarian and International markets since 2001.
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV in Word format via Jelentkezem button underneath!
Location / Munkavégzés helye
Sectors / Állás munka területei
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- IT Support, Helpdesk