We are looking for a
IT Core Senior Software Developer - 000000240754
At Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and build a better tomorrow. It is the future we have in our mind when we see the speed of technology development. There is so much creativity across the technology industry that the speed of change is increasing. We embrace the opportunities of the future and work proactively to make good use of technology. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
Your place in the team
Completes application developments by coordinating requirements, schedules and activities, contributing to team meetings, troubleshooting development, test and production issues across multiple environments and operating platforms. Supports testing activities and handover to Operation Department. Activities include 3rd line maintenance, issue and incident tracking aligned with SLA’s
Understands business requirements and processes and also acts as technical owner of a set of applications and reports in Vodafone Core IT domain.
Updates knowledge by researching new technologies and software products.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Participate in the preparation of high level technical proposal and provide expertise into the various areas of solution architecture.
- Understand the business needs and implications of new services and translate them into detailed IT requirements
- Design and implement software application to support business requirements
- Integrate applications with legacy applications/systems
- Participates in every aspect of development and implementation, working with end users (product owners) to fully understand business requirements
- Ensure compliance with Vodafone policies and procedures
- Prepare high and low level technical documentation
- Estimate the development effort by requirements and projects
- Work in teams using various development methodologies – agile (SCRUM), waterfall.
- Support testing activities (functional and non-functional tests in all relevant project phases)
- Investigate and fix defects and incidents during development and application lifecycle
- Minor/major software architecture-related decisions independently
- Provides 3rd level support for the applications in his/her domain.
- Negotiate functional and technical feasibility of requirements with systems suppliers, developers and/or other third parties
- Compile technical concepts for the fulfillment of the demands
- Follow the work of vendors, review and comment all work products and propose preferable solutions if needed
- Act as a Single Point of Contact Person for his/her systems who assembles IT Architecture and Service Delivery side requirements
We are looking for you if you have
- University degree (IT or Telco specific is an advantage)
- At least 4 years working experience
- At least 4 years of experience in IT development industry
- PL/SQL, Apex knowledge is required
- Unit testing, including use of mocking frameworks
- .NET, BO knowledge is an advantage
- Experience with AWS, Git, continuous build and integration platforms is an advantage (Jenkins, Docker, Automic, Artifactory, Bitbucket)
- Good knowledge of English both spoken and written
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps in general.
- Able to identify and re-factor incorrect architectures in unfamiliar codes
Diversity and Inclusion
Vodafone is a company that values diversity. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with diverse teams. Our aim is to build a culture where no one will be discriminated based on either their gender, age, cultural background or sexual identity, orientation. Vodafone is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
The future is exciting. Ready?
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
1097 Budapest Lechner Ödön fasor 6.
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem button” underneath.