Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results.
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supports UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre is seeking a IT Assistant (Network) to support network administration, monitor and manage network connectivity, telephony, videoconferencing and security. Monitor and escalate site-specific system performance issues and outages under the direct supervision of the Network Administrator
IT Associate (Network), GS-6, Global Shared Services Centre
This is an office based post and will involve:
1. Provide Administration and Monitoring
- Support the management of all network equipment at the GSSC
- Design, install, configure, test, deploy and troubleshoot Cisco switches and routers for the GSSC office
- Diagnose and resolve any hardware, software or connectivity problems with minimum delay
- Carry out regular maintenance of the network
- Support administration and management of LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, EPABX system / IP telephony at the GSSC
- Ensure efficient functioning of the systems
- Ensure Internet Connectivity
- Ensure Network Security
- Ensure all the incoming / outgoing telephony services are in working order
- Skype for Business
- Polycom Video Conferencing
- Office 365
Ensure technical administration and monitoring of a broad brand of communications / Unified Communications / networks / telecommunications systems, electronic telephone exchange (EPABX) / IP telephony, and audio and video-conferencing equipment
2. Maintain and Manage GSSC network infrastructures
3. Co-ordinate with HQ and Service Providers
4. Facilitate Unified Communications services for the GSSC
5. Maintain all Networking and Telecommunications Assets of the GSSC
6. Any other duties as assigned by the Network Administrator
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement, supplemented with specialized training in telecommunications, electronics or information technology
- University level courses in computer science, information systems, engineering, telecommunications, or equivalent qualifications is desirable
- Certification in Cisco, such as CCNA or CCNP, is highly desirable
- Prince2 and ITIL certification and utilization would be an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of software packages most frequently used in office automation programme systems, microcomputer technology, database, data communications and telecommunications is required
- Minimum of six (6) years of practical professional and progressively responsible experience in the IT infrastructure area, including relevant practical work experience in the area of service / administration of large scale data, voice and storage networks is required. Extensive experience with Windows operating system with a focus on networking is desirable. A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted toward the minimum work experience requirements
- Previous hands-on experience in design, implementation and management of LAN, WAN, wireless networks and IP telephony
- In-depth technical knowledge of Cisco networking (routers, switches, and wireless) gained over some years of providing support in an IT enterprise environment, including using change management and incident management processes and creating documentation
- Familiarity with firewalls, Citrix, load balancing, business continuity, APN technology, VMWare and Microsoft Active Directory is desirable
- Solid technical knowledge of data centre environments including racks, cabling standards, power and cooling
- Familiarity with IT Security concepts e.g. ISO27001 or equivalent is desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL processes is desirable
- Experience with UNICEF IT applications (MS Office, Sharepoint, SAP, Office365) is an asset
- Experience in use of Polycom Video Conference systems
- Ability to respect deadlines in task/project implementation
- Knowledge of IT/Networking/Telecom operations and principles is critical for this position
- Work experience with a development organization is an asset
- Knowledge of UN/UNICEF's rules, regulations and procedures is considered an asset
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset
Applicants must be nationals of EU countries or in possession of a valid work permit. Please attach a copy of your work permit to your application submission.
General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate MFA accreditation for locally recruited staff.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- Full time
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.