Internship (m/f/d) Meeting & Events Allrounder
Working at a "good company" company
If you haven’t met us before, we’re Zoku. A home base for holiday and business travelers who want to live and work in a city anywhere from a few days to a few months. We’re a home-office hybrid with hotel services, which offer a relaxed place to live, work and socialize with like-minded people while getting wired into the city.
Some things we’re proud of…
- We’re “one of the 25 coolest hotels in the world” as quoted by Forbes.
- We have 3 locations across Europe: in Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Vienna - with more future locations to come!
- Our employees come from 29 different nationalities and speak a total of 20 languages.
- We believe in an equal workforce with a team of 51% women.
- We’re a certified BCorp and being socially responsible is at our core.
Being a part of Zoku is being a part of something bigger
We’re not just another workplace, but a second home. We believe in working hard, but playing harder. We never forget a birthday, we celebrate every milestone, and we believe in putting our people first. Join an international team of driven, proactive and fun-loving Zokus who all have one thing in common: a passion for connecting people across the globe.
No day looks the same as a Meeting & Events Intern… but here’s a glimpse of what you can expect:
The ultimate party planner
You’re the go-to person for all things M&E related. You love a good chat and will be assisting in planning, organizing and executing all meetings and events that take place at Zoku Vienna.
Creating memorable meetings
You are in charge of coordinating everything needed to create unforgettable events from audio visual assistance and set up, food and beverage ordering, scheduling and managing external catering and rental companies.
Let’s get organized
Organization and structure is your middle name. You will be writing, fine tuning and implementing SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) throughout your internship.
- Have a background in serving and/or helping people.
- Love to help others feel at home and get connected with one another.
- Want to change the way guests are typically treated in the hospitality industry, by always providing the best service in the most creative way.
- Are a genuinely friendly, proactive and an open person who just wants to help others.
- Love putting a personal touch on their service and go the extra mile to lend a helping hand.
- Are eager to get the best out of themselves and their peers while of course learning along the way.
- Just love the city and want to know, share, and discover everything there is to know about Vienna.
- Don’t mind getting their hands dirty (think tidying up the event spaces or scrubbing the coffee machines).
- Have international experience and/or previously explored event management and banqueting.
THE MUST HAVES
- You are a student looking for a life altering experience as an intern. You can be studying at either MBO+, HBO/university or master degree level in the fields of Hospitality.
- You are fluent in German and English, other languages are a plus.
- You are an EU-resident or have a valid working and living permit for Austria.
- You are fully flexible, so no fixed working days/hours.
- You love to work hard, as we need you full-time.
- Internship allowance of €1105 per month.
- Full time (40 hours) internship placement at one of the 25 coolest hotels in the world.
- 6 months internship minimum - Q1/Q2 2022
- 13 holiday days (per 6 months).
- Exciting on-the-job training opportunities.
- A cool & comfy uniform - no more looking like a log!
- A fun, young, multi-national company with colleagues from across the globe to meet, learn, and grow from.
- A friends and family rate at all of our locations in Amsterdam, Copenhagen & Vienna.
- Fun events throughout the year to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- An honorary drinking name that you can get at one of our legendary Zoku parties.
- Catering, Hotel, Tourism
- Tourism, Tour Operation
- Hotel Industry
- Skilled Labour
- freshly graduated/career starter
- Vocational school
Required language level:
- German (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
1020 Wien, Perspektivstr. 6