For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Internal Auditor is primarily responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of audit projects as part of MSCI’s annual audit plan. Internal audits include operational, financial, technology and governance related engagements in addition to other special projects.
The Internal Auditor will also assist in the development of the annual internal audit plan, and presentation to the Audit Committee and in championing Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX 404) control assessment activities throughout the Group.
- Serve as a key member of the group internal audit team headquartered in New York, and assist in completing the annual audit plan
- Assist in development, planning and execution of assigned audits. Specific responsibilities include:
- identification of risks and detailed scope of audit engagements;
- creation of audit work programs and procedures;
- creation and documentation of audit work papers including report writing;
- communication and reporting of audit results to senior management;
- periodic monitoring of remediation activities
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 2 to 6 years of experience in the internal audit, accounting finance, or consultancy
- Audit, or operational experience in SAP ERP systems, and knowledge of audit and data analysis software (IDEA, ACL, and MetricStream) is a plus
- Public accounting and capital market experience is an advantage
- Fluent in English and Hungarian
- Professional knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS accounting rules
- Knowledge of internal audit (IIA) standards and working practices in multinational environment
- Knowledge of the COSO framework of internal controls and enterprise risk management
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members
- Problem solving, proactive mindset, ability to objectively and critically evaluate business scenarios, identify emerging problems and translate analysis into action
- Sound analytical skills, advanced command of MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively share information and work collaboratively in virtual environment
- Finance, Accounting
- Auditor, Internal Auditor
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
- Hungarian - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
Budapest, XIII. kerület
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.