INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER (SAP Business Intelligence development), P3
Department/Office: Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Enterprise Resource Planning Project
Duty Station: NEW YORK
Closing Period:16 April 2021
Job Opening Number: 21-Information Management Systems-DMSPC ERP-150769-R-New York (X)
Org. Setting and Reporting
The position is located in the Business Intelligence, Solution Architecture 4 team of the ERP Solution Division (ERPSD), in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC) in New York. The Information Systems Officer will report to the Chief, Business Intelligence team.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation, enabling high-quality, and cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN's human, financial and material resources.
Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations. For more information on Umoja visit: http://umoja.un.org.
The scope of the position includes technical work required for the implementation of the SAP software and related integration in order to develop and maintain Umoja's Business Intelligence solution for the various scope of work stream functionality and processes of the Umoja ERP system, subsequent to the stabilization and improvements after UE2 deployment from 2020 onwards. Under the guidance of the Chief, Business Intelligence team, the Information Systems Officer (SAP Business Intelligence development) will be responsible for the following:
1. ONGOING DEVELOPMENT OF UMOJA'S BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOLUTION:
- By alignment to the SAP architecture and standards, and under the direction of the Business Intelligence team lead, the Information Systems Officer [ISO] performs complex analysis of various business requirements and operational problems to be solved within the ERP Business Intelligence Solution of Umoja. This includes an end-to-end cycle evaluation with feasibility and GapFit analyses, as well as alternative development paths.
- The ISO provides comprehensive technical analysis on pre-blueprint requirements, design, build and configuration roadmaps as well as in respect of fixes and/or enhancements that approved process changes will require prior to execution in respect of current or future workstream processes and developments.
- Undertakes development activities using the appropriate SAP software, system and tools [BOBJ, HANA, BW, BODS, SLT, etc.] as well as the applicable standards and methodology for SAP development and integration of relevance for or required by the ERP implementation of Umoja.
- Serves as focal point for Integration-related work to develop and sustain Umoja's Business Intelligence solution. In close coordination with the ERP's Delivery Management and corresponding Functional teams, the ISO completes the detailed technical evaluation of the integration-related requirements and implications of design and developments concerning the Umoja's Business Intelligence Solution.
2. MODELLING: Source data from all the functional areas need to be properly modeled and transformed across the solution for effective analysis and reporting.
3. TESTING of DEVELOPMENT for ENHANCEMENTS or RESOLUTION FIXES:
- Serves as focal point for all phases and components of testing for Umoja's BI solution, including scenarios and scripting, Unit Testing, Functional Acceptance Testing, Product Integration Testing and User Verification Testing.
- Provides direction and assures effective coordination support to all process experts working on the above.
- In collaboration with the rest of the Umoja Project teams, supports the effective and timely implementation of relevant SAP releases [OSS Notes, Support and Enhancement packs, upgrades, etc.] ensuring alignment to the solution's architecture for integration streams, overseeing the related testing, including liaising with SAP as required to obtain resolution.
4. PRODUCTION support Tier 3: Along with the rest of the BI team, the ISO provides analysis for the tickets created by users which are escalated to T3 and implements the related fixes or coding implementation as required.
5. TECHNICAL and USER DOCUMENTATION: Assures the production and archiving of relevant technical documentation for developments, enhancements, workflow modifications, fixes and coding implementation, architectural and integration resolutions of Umoja's BI Solution.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of SAP Business Intelligence solution. Knowledge of Programming and Modeling, particularly ETL, STL, BODS, BOBJ, HANA modeling, SAP Business Warehouse, ODATA, Fiori, etc. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new technology.
An advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in information systems, engineering or related fields is required. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the end-to-end implementation of an ERP Business Intelligence solution in SAP, including planning, design, build development, configuration, deployment and production support maintenance is required.
Experience shall include Business Intelligence for the main functional areas of an ERP implementation, particularly SAP's Finance workstream processes [Grants and Funds management, financial planning, reporting], Supply Chain Management processes [procurement, transportation, demand], HCM and PY. Experience in Advanced SAP Programming of relevance to BI is required, including configuration, modeling and coding in SAP, as well as advanced development experience with ABAP, SAP Business Objects, BODS, SLT, HANA, SQL.
Experience on the above within implementation of SAP in the Public Sector is desirable.
Experience with design, development, deployment and ongoing delivery of ERP and business intelligence system is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the positions advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- IT Security
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- 5-10 years professional experience
- University degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
For more information on how to apply, please click the “Apply” button.