GL Accountant Staff
As a staff-level General Ledger (GL) colleague, you and your colleagues are transitioning general ledger responsibilities from USA or EU sites into the business services center. You manage complex end-to-end accounting, month end losing processes following the US-GAAPaccounting method. In this role you are responsible for US-GAAP accounting, reporting and analyzing data and other ad hoc requests for information.
In addition, you:
- Coordinate month-end closings, general ledger account analysis’s and balance sheet account reconciliations and prepare SOX controls;
- Work with the team and site controllers to ensure accurate and controlled financial statements for the specific sites;
- Support internal and external audits;
- Ensure effective internal controls for the assigned accounting areas;
- Report to site leadership to ensure a healthy service level.
So far, so good - isn't it?
What is in it for you
We are simply an amazing team to be part of, located in a new building in Budapest, not that far from the city center. This new office will be your second home where you built up your career with us. Our office is growing fast, so recommend your friends and family for working with us too. Approximately three years ago our adventure started in Debrecen, on the other side of the country. We expanded to Budapest because we realized how much people we really need to make our global transformation happen.
- The possibility to work in a diverse, multinational environment and get in touch with different cultures all over the world;
- A steady career path with lots of career opportunities;
- Working with the latest SAP/S4 HANA systems;
- Have around one to three years of relevant experience. Do you have less or more? Check out our job descriptions, because our team is still growing!
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree in economics (required): if you have a degree in accounting, it is a huge plus;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (any additional languages is an advantage);
- Have strong general accounting knowledge and understanding of financial processes, US-GAAP and IFRS knowledge (preferred); Are comfortable with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Have working knowledge of ERP systems (such as Oracle, SAP): this is an advantage, not a must-have.
- Are naturally building positive relationships;
- Have strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills;
- Have a keen attention to detail;
- Are an excellent teammate;
- Are flexible and able to cope with process changes
Money-wise: we offer a competitive base salary, interesting package, and depending on your own preferences, you can also get the opportunity to travel once in a while. If you are not passionate about travel, don't worry, we won't make you to.
You are our ideal colleague if you…
You as a person
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- Finance, Accounting
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
Debrecen, 4034 Vágóhíd utca 2.
How to apply/ contact information:
Please click the Apply button and send us your CV.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 10%