At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It’s how we’ve sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It’s how we solve the toughest challenges for our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development, enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing people is commitment that doesn’t just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow both personally and professionally. GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Become a fan of our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gecareers/. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the https://jobs.gecareers.com/global/en.
German speaking Service Desk Associate
We are looking for a German speaking Service Desk Associate to provide enterprise level assistance to our end user employees. If you’re naturally a helper, have a strong customer orientation and enjoy technical things, we’d like to meet you.
The goal is to create a seamless, positive experience for our employees that in turn enables them to serve our external customers and the businesses they support.
In this role, you will:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our employees install applications and programs. Identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Own issues through resolution within agreed time limits, or to the point of escalation
- Resolve network issues, configure operating systems and use remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they've solved a technical issue. You will use email, text and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues.
- For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone, text or chat and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues and outcomes are properly logged within the ticket management system
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain positive relationships with client
- High School Diploma.
- Advanced level of German and fluent English language skills.
- Experience in similar field (IT Helpdesk, Helpdesk, Customer Service)
Technical Expertise. Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, Skype and other tech products. Excellent written and verbal English skill is a must.
Strong analytical mind to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
Certification in Microsoft, Avaya, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus.
Hands-on experience with Windows environment is desired.
Familiarity in remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Zendesk, Service-Now, BOLD 360, etc.
- Degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering is desired
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments desired
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, SKYPE and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Tech savvy with familiarity in remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Zendesk, BOLD 360, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Dynamic, friendly, international workplace, having more than 50 nations at Váci Greens
- Opportunity to secure permanent placement within GE in the future (full-time jobs or leadership programs)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- You can put your university accounting knowledge into practice
- Gaining exposure to senior management
- Understanding different financial reports, being able to analyze them
- Onsite gym
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- IT Support, Helpdesk
- Business Supporting Centres
- Client Support, Administration
- Client Services, Customer Services
- Customer Services
- 1-3 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- German (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
How to apply:
Please click the "Jelentkezem" button below.