Howden is a world-class engineering company with a proud heritage and a desire to be the world's leading application engineering company providing solutions for you in air and gas handling. With 6,000 employees in 27 countries we are undergoing a period of significant business growth. Based at our global headquarters near Glasgow, UK, Howden provides high quality air and gas handling products and services to the power, oil & gas, mining and petrochemical industries - just to name a few.
The company’s Shared Service Centre was launched in 2015, located in Budapest. The Howden Global Business Service Center employs more than 90 people who provide support in finance and IT fiels. Howden offers complex and challenging jobs, great work environment, competitive salary and opportunity to develop and implement promotion and training to work. Innovative and agile, we are looking for talent to grow with us in the following role:
Financial Accountant – General Ledger
The main role purpose is to support the team leader with respect to resolving issues, teaching other team members actively, coordinating the junior collagues in order to be in line with the senior management and business requirements. The role holder will manage the end –to –end financial accounting process across global scope and ensure the application of US GAAP and the local statutory requirements. By representing the company core values the ideal candidate will build up an excellent relationship with our local management and provide high quality service on a timely manner.
To find more information about Howden SSC and photos about our office please follow this link:
What needs to be done?
- Performing daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation tasks and investigating/correcting discrepancies
- Completing manual booking and approve journal bookings and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing VAT returns/Intrastat/EC sales and purchase reporting
- Process and allocate payments and prepare cash flow reports on a weekly base
- Manage intercompany netting and process settlement booking
- Tracking and reporting of metrics on the overall financial accounting process
- Participate in process improvement and standardization projects
What do you need to bring?
- BA in the field of economics and/or accounting
- 1-2 years of experience in the field of GL accounting
- Strong understanding of the accounting principles
- Fluency in English is a must, but any European language knowledge is an advantage
- Strong MS Office knowledge, especially in Excel
- Good understanding of major ERP systems
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand business needs and influence business impact
What will you get in return?
- Work-life balance (at least weekly 1 frequent home office option, free Bridge-Saturdays, flexible working hours apart from the core time)
- Easily reachable work location @ Corvin’s brand new business centre
- A supportive and developing work environment (several training opportunities, team building events, future career perspectives)
- International presence – global project and networking/traveling opportunities
- The chance to create and contribute in process development (we are in the middle of several standardisation processes and are always open to suggestions/proposals)
- Competitive salary with cafeteria option
- Finance, Accounting
- Financial Assistant
- Claim Management, Exacting
- 1-3 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
- Telecommuting/working from home
cafeteria, professional training, language learning assisstance
1062 Budapest, Teréz körút 55.
How to apply/ contact information:
Be part of our innovative team and shape your future with us!