Sony Pictures Television (SPT), owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, is a premier producer and distributor for network, syndication, and cable markets. SPT’s worldwide television networks portfolio includes 150 channel feeds available in 178 countries, reaching more than 1.3 billion cumulative households worldwide. Sony Pictures Television offers to viewers a thrilling ride with an exciting slate of programs designed to exhilarate and help them escape the humdrum of daily routine with 24 hours a day of series, movies and original shows.
Our brands in CE
SPT Networks’ portfolio in Central Europe includes the highly successful VIASAT3, VIASAT6, AXN, AXN Black, AXN White, AXN Spin, Sony Movie Channel and Sony Max brands, in addition to our digital and VOD platforms. The business runs localized feeds across 13 territories, including Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldavia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The regional office for Central Europe is located in the heart of Budapest.
About the position
The Finance Accountant role is an integral part of the SPT Central Europe Finance Team in Budapest. The person will focus on providing accounting services to Central Europe legal entities, mainly for Hungarian. The Finance Accountant will have direct reporting line to the Finance Manager SPT Central Europe. Will be working closely with the business departments and finance teams in the different locations.
You will be responsible for
- Oversighting Supporting financial activities for management and statutory accounts, including: month end close activity, financial statements preparation coordination, daily finance operation activities in collaboration with external accounting
- Accounting activates at Central Europe level, collaboration with external and internal services provider and review and support in term of accruals and open item management: Accounts Receivables, Prepayments, Fixed Assets, Intangible Assets, Liabilities, Accounts Payable and Taxes
- Ensuring compliance with Group Accounting Policies, US, UK and HU Accounting Standards and SOX requirements
- Supporting internal and external audits for areas of responsibility
- Supporting finance projects: SAP implementation and future projects
The ideal candidate has
- A minimum of 4 years finance experience working for a global multinational company, media sector and references preferred
- Qualifications in Finance & Accounting and proven tax experiences
- Very good written & verbal English communication and presentation skills
- Good time management and ability to work towards various deadlines
- SAP experience preferred, but not required
- Multinational company experience is an advantage
What we offer
- An opportunity to interact regularly and advise stakeholders on the business side in addition to the technical aspects of the role
- Young and dynamic team with supportive colleagues
- Professionally challenging work with opportunities to develop and grow
- Enjoyable media business environment
- Finance, Accounting
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
Budapest, XIII. District
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV through Jelentkezem button.
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted.