Event Management Process Practitioner
Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, explore local and global challenges, and solve complex technology issues with creative solutions and diverse teams. You are part of a team that drives change and delivers results on a daily basis. Our success is a direct result of our people.
The Event Management Process Practitioner drives the existing Command Center team’s efforts to make sure that the monitoring infrastructure is performing on contractual level and the event management process is carried out with quality outputs. The role includes requesting monitoring software fine-tuning from 3rd parties while updating knowledge base with relevant information under change control.
- Review statistical information on a daily basis to see if significant changes (increase/decrease) around incidents and events have occurred and / or drive improvements
- Collect performance data and utilization data supply to 3rd party for analysis
- Provide input into the eradication of false positives and inconsistencies based on alert conditions, baseline data, etc.
- Provide proactive monitoring and any possible actions in order to enhance the stability and function of the services
- Participation in service reviews / audits / DR tests as required
- Improve and follow the defined event management documentation, ensuring the below is carried out by the team
- Upon detection of an event, filter by classification and trigger the appropriate action
- Relate events to IT services so that a priority (that is, impact and urgency) assessment can be made by raising a corresponding incident, problem or change ticket if deemed necessary
- Correlate events and initiate the appropriate response
- Where appropriate, create incident manually where there is a system outage, performance issue etc. and use any relevant monitoring data/remediation information
- Manage daily prioritization across work items with the Command Center team relating to the service
- Review backlogged activity from prior day/week
- Works with incident, change and problem management areas as required to secure the stability of the service
Key Areas of Expertise:
- 2 years of relevant system/network monitoring experience in a multinational environment
- Have extensive knowledge of networking solutions, systems management and security aspects; in-depth knowledge of monitoring solutions
- Data Center Virtualization and Management know-how
- Have an aptitude for quick learning of technical and procedural topics plus the ability to work on multiple, dissimilar activities simultaneously
- Ability to set up, configure monitoring systems
- SAN knowledge is advantageous
- Relevant MCSA, CCNA, any other vendor / vendor neutral certifications are considered advantageous
- Working knowledge with Windows Server
- Working knowledge with Nagios / SolarWinds
- ITIL Incident Management experience
We are developing our technical support capability within our central Budapest office to support a high-prestige client portfolio. This team has the opportunity to grow as we progress and the potential to work with a number of our major global and European clients. As an employer we will offer career opportunities that encourage learning, promote growth and develop your talent to its fullest. Unisys Budapest is a certified ITIL training center with an appetite to support you in your growth through in house learning courses and certifications.
- Business Supporting Centres
- IT Support
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- IT Support, Helpdesk
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.