American Embassy Budapest
is seeking a professional for the
in the Facility Management Office (FM)
Employed as an Electrician incumbent is responsible for a full range of duties associated with electrical installation, repair, and maintenance for Embassy properties and equipment. The Electrician operates and performs basic troubleshooting and repair of Chancery/Residential building systems including elevators, chillers, ventilation units, fire alarm panel, generators, distribution switchgear, gates and anti-ram barrier systems, automatic controls etc. General electrical work includes maintenance, repair and installation of electrical appliances, light fixtures, wiring, hardware, bulbs, switches, lamps, fans, circuit bracers, electrical boxes, transformers, generators, smoke and CO detectors, fire extinguishers, security lighting systems etc. Incumbent repairs and installs all Embassy electrical equipment to include dryers, washers, dishwashers, stoves, micro-waves, vacuum-cleaners and other small electrical household appliances. S/he also monitors/assists contractors tasked with maintenance of major Embassy equipment/systems such as chillers, elevators, generators, fire-systems, high voltage switchgear etc. at all Embassy properties. The Electrician also performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of vocational school, or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman electrician skills is required.
Work experience can substitute for education as follows: secondary school/vocational school degree plus minimum of one-year experience as an Electrician is required.
- Two years of journeyman experience as an electrician is required.
- Incumbent must have a full journeyman electrician’s knowledge of established trade practices and procedures in the trade.
- Level III Hungarian /good working knowledge/ and Level II English /basic knowledge / are required. English/Hungarian language may be tested.
- Must know how to operate various skilled tools, measuring instruments related to the trade. Possession of a local driver’s license B is required.
HUF gross 3,915,516 p.a. plus additional benefits (e.g. 13th month bonus, meal coupon, American paid holidays, merit-based compensation)
HOW TO APPLY/ CONTACT INFORMATION:
Please apply through our Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system
- Building Industry, Real Estate
- Building Maintanance
- Skilled Labour
- freshly graduated/career starter
- Vocational school
Required language level:
- English (basic/conversational)
- Full time