EHS SENIOR SPECIALIST HUNGARY AND ROMANIA
Position Purpose & Summary
The Cargill Animal Nutrition (CAN) Platform consists of 3 Groups: Cargill Feed & Nutrition (CFN) and Cargill Premix & Nutrition (CFN) and Cargill Aqua Nutrition (CQN). CFN, CFN and CQN operate a global footprint of 36 businesses and close to 265 production locations. These businesses are supported by a total of 7 global leveraged functions (BOSC, RMS, SMT, finance, legal, HR and IT). BOSC has an Operational Excellence vision, based upon an Integrated Supply Chain approach and creates value by providing expertise and support in the area of general operations management; Environment, Health & Safety (EHS); food safety, quality and regulatory compliance (FSQR); supply chain management; Manufacturing Excellence and Capital Execution.
The CFN Europe organization is made up of 2300 employees and 26 production locations. These locations will serve our strategic customer segments in Retail, Rumminants, Pork and Poultry.
The role of the EHS Lead is to lead the environmental, health, and safety efforts of all facilities and activities (incl. both manufacturing- and non-manufacturing related ones (e.g offices, sales)) with integrity, conviction, and courage in the area. This will be accomplished by exercising practical business knowledge and proactive approach to ensure both regulatory and corporate EH&S requirements are implemented.
EHS manager must have the belief that aggressive goals can be achieved, identify what "needs to be done", assess the degree of urgency and execute a plan of action.
Furthermore this position is responsible for motivating, inspiring, and engaging others to achieve the right level of EH&S across the area – according to Cargill standards. The manager must demonstrate an intense desire to create new avenues of opportunity. Be willing to "dig" into details during challenging situations; and be able to think outside his/her immediate area of responsibility, see the big picture, and support the overall business strategy.
- 30% Accountable for development, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of Environmental, Health and Safety management systems in the area: deliver assistance to assure compliance and provide support in training/ risk assessments/EHS leadership/complete safety culture. The objective is to sustain high performance and excellence in EHS, Re-assess Cargill Corporate, and EHS Rules and Policies to locations in the area during EHS audits and EHS meetings, provide technical EHS advice and conduct EHS evaluations for major projects and major changes undertaken at locations. Ensure that all local EHS-plans are in compliance with CFN EU-, CAN- and Cargill-plans and –goals (e.g. EHS OGSM, CAN focus areas, EHS roadmap, LIFE-program, Corporate EHS goals)
- 25% Support sites to ensure that the EHS performance of BU improves. Identify, communicate and leverage from EHS best practices generated from inspections and audits
- 20% Accountable for scheduling and conducting EHS audits incl. reporting: facilitate accurate and timely reporting on: safety performance, incidents, resources and waste, provide relevant EHS information to all locations, organize and support Risk assessments, Support full root cause analysis of all recordable incidents
- 10% Provide EMEAR EHS Team with professional support (e.g. participating in team-work, attending meeting/tc’s of the team). Organise and conduct EHS training seminars to support Corporate and BU EHS requirements in the area
- 10% Assist locations with EHS issues relating to projects and major changes to ensure compliance with relevant standards, legislations and policies. Assure minimum BU or Corporate requirements are in place as long no best practice has been developed , Ensure buy-in of all sites when rolled out
- 5% Assure sites are operating within their operational permit requirements. Provide support to sites to implement best practices, Support and assist sites to achieve a sustainable high EHS performance, Follow up of changes in legislations via Industry Federations-working groups).
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to EHS, or equivalent work experience supported by specific trainings
- 5+ years experience as senior professional in EHS
- Proven success in driving EHS performance and safety leadership culture
- Good communication skills, ability to motivate and inspire people
- Experience in Incident Investigations and EHS Auditing
- Technical experience in Feed / Food operations preferred
- Analytical skills to identify trends and conduct root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in ensuring compliance with international certifications (e.g. OSHAS 18001)
Other relevant information to the position
Required traveling across production plants and customers
The position will offer the opportunity to gain deep knowledge and understanding of EHS practices and procedures, gain deep knowledge of operations at Cargill / CAN, gain experience in setting up a professional EHS organization
- Environment, Agriculture
- Environmental Protection, Water Management
- Manufacturing, Production
- Health and Safety Management, Security Management
- Full time
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediary/communicative
Karcag, Hungary / Romania
How to apply/ contact information:
Please click the "Jelentkezem" button below.