DevOps Automation Engineer
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
As a DevOps automation engineer, you will be responsible for automating the installation, configuration and all the maintenances activities for an easy deployment and support of different systems including the monitoring system to various data centers.
You will be integrated to a team of DevOps engineers to deliver state of the art automation using Ansible with Python.
As part of hybris Cloud Engineering Services, you will have abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
- Automate using Ansible and Python the configuration, installation and deployment set up of many systems within Cloud Services including the monitoring system.
- Automate setting up and using those systems for customers.
- Integrate the automation procedures to existing or create new operational procedures for ease of deployment and maintenance activities.
- Optimize the Cloud Services systems to facilitate the operations.
- Implement the PCI recommendations on the systems if required.
- Extend existing systems by engineering and automating new features.
- Research and propose alternatives to current solutions based on the latest technologies
- Tune performance, balance the load, plan for capacity and optimize for availability, scalability and user experience on the different systems
- Collaborate with other teams and across departments to answer their needs
- Work with an agile team and participate to daily scrum
- Participate to sprint planning/review and deliver on selected JIRA tickets committed for a specific sprint
- Provide technical documentation
- Bachelor degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in information technology
- Experience working in managed service or a cloud-based service provider.
- Work experience with DevOps and system configuration and deployment automation technologies such as Ansible, Puppet.
- Strong development skills in Python, Go, ( some Perl experience )
- Experience in software development best practices ( TDD, XP, Code Review )
- Work experience with monitoring systems based on nagios (Opsview), icinga2, grafana, InfluxDB
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline using CI tools
- Strong Linux administration skills and hands-on programming experience.
- Understanding of java applications using Tomcat.
- Understanding of Apache web servers and web protocols.
- Strong documentation skills.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediary/communicative
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.