For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is looking for an experienced Oracle Database engineer to join the Database Engineering Team in the Budapest office. The candidate will be responsible for engineering, automating database solutions together with other engineering Teams (Storage, Linux etc.) for MSCI both on premise and in the Cloud. The Database Engineering Team is entirely based in the Budapest office.
- Enable MSCI to use the latest Oracle technology leveraging all flash arrays (Pure storage, eXtremeIO) on premise.
- Actively participate in Database migrations to Azure.
- Work closely with Application developers in Budapest, Berkeley, NY, Geneva and Mumbai to contribute contextual technical knowledge to their Oracle database applications.
- Actively participate in solutions architecture, product engineering and continual service improvement.
- Advocate effective use of Oracle database technology at MSCI across multiple business lines.
- Get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding - you should enjoy responsibility.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Oracle 12c+ database administration on large mission critical databases in a real time production environment.
- Deep understanding of Oracle fundamentals: Database internals, ASM, Backup/Recovery, Data Guard, Cloud Control.
- Strong command of solving Server and Application level performance problems
- Solid Linux background including shell scripting
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Cassandra, Neo4j, MongoDB, Splunk.
- Experience working in a financial services environment or other regulated environment.
- You know how to automate stuff.
- IT Development
- Database Expert
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.