For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
DATA SERVICES JAVA BACKEND DEVELOPER
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Software Developer to join our Market Data IT team and contribute to this next generation solution. As a member of the Data IT Development team you will build high performance and scalable services primarily using various programming language and technologies. These services will provide an efficient and comprehensive gateway into data warehouse where millions of market data are catalogued and stored. You will work within a local and global team of highly skilled Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Product Managers. Additionally, you will interact with the Developers and Testers working in our teams all over the world.
Candidates for this position should be passionate about building high quality software and contributing to architecture design discussions. You will need strong software development skills and a desire to go deep with knowledge and understanding of topics on technologies and financial area, and motivated to work in a high-performance team.
- Develop, expand and support the current API solution
- Collaborate with Product Management, Program Management and other internal stakeholders to convert business requirements in to applications, tools, and deliver these as part of a product release roadmap
- Develop best practices for architecture, design, coding & automated test coverage
- Develop, document and deploy reliable, scalable and fault tolerant systems to automate the operation of our market data system and terms & condition database
Desired experience and qualifications:
- + years software development experience in Java stack in Linux and Windows, experience with Maven
- Experience with one or more of the following: JSON, XML, XSD, XSL
- Experience with relational databases: Oracle/Sybase, with practices on data models design and PL/SQL development and tuning.
- Understanding of multithreading and low latency principles
- A self-sufficient, disciplined engineer with problem-solving skills who stays on track and is accountable
- A cooperative team player who can handle tight development deadline
Additional skills and experience we consider very useful
- Understanding of various network protocols: HTTP, WebSocket, REST
- Working experience with Perl or Python
- Working experience with Linux bash and scripting
- Development experience with distributed in-memory caching such as Redis with understanding of industrial best practice and trade-off
- Development experience with a NoSql document storage such as Cassandra.
- Working experience with a reusable framework (Spring, Jetty)
Experience with MSSQL
- Cloud based software development
Duo to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 5-10 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.