We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Customer function Team and advance your career as a
Data Operations Analyst – Customer (Szeged)
Customer teams are dealing with sales support processes, account management, order taking, invoicing, cash collection, pricing, service request management and supply chain management activities.
In this role You will:
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of addition, change and de-activation of master data records in accordance with SLAs. Types of records include but not limited to customer master, material master, vendor master and finance master. Provide expertise and support the Data Operations Administrators’ daily operations and major projects by having a great understanding on countries processes handled by CMD team
- Act as a senior team member, coordinate and provide expertise for request handling, monitor Pulse on daily basis and ensure prompt intervention if needed, furthermore report TL in case of any major capacity issues on a timely manner.
- Ensure data input is consistent with the data standards and meets the required levels of completeness
- Run Data performance reports for the key quality measures of completeness, consistency, uniqueness, and accuracy
- Identify and implement process and solution requirements for the master data management process
- Regularly track and resolve outstanding master data management issues. Based on agreed trigger points, further escalate to higher levels of authority for solution or direction and feedback
- Identify and contribute to the improvement of defective trends or areas of process performance weakness in the end to end process
- Contribute towards the data enrichment process for the Data sub-tower on a continuous improvement cycle
- Identify the operational gaps, review processes and create standard and compliant procedures and protocols where it is crucial
- Identify and carry out continuous Improvement initiatives
- Be the centre of expertise for GBS Europe in our ERP systems (SAP, Siebel) and components of various Satellite systems through the process of analysis, investigation and coaching
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years of experience managing a client-service oriented function with experience in Procurement / Supply chain or Finance field experience
- Sound experience in Siebel and SAP is preferred
- Previous experience in data structures or data management/administration.
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- 3-5 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (higher advanced/fit for negotiation)
- Full time
HOW TO APPLY/ CONTACT INFORMATION:
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!