Starting date: December 2, 2019
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full- Or Part-time: Full-time
The InnovationsLab at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a Data Analyst position
The initial contract is for one year, with the possibility of renewal.
At CEU iLab we nurture innovative new businesses that work to create solutions for the most pressing global challenges. Our teams of entrepreneurs work at various industries, are at different phase of their project development, have different personalities. But they all work hard to succeed. At CEU iLab we aim to create the best support system for these teams so as to significantly increase their chances of success. We unlock and deploy university resources including, among others, our vast array of faculty and alumni mentors, our global networks, our outstanding research and almost 30 years of experience in business education. Our incubator program is constantly evolving as we work closely with teams to unleash their full potential.
At CEU iLab we want to analyze the factors leading to success and predict the future performance of our startups, applying scientific techniques to find patterns in startup-related datasets. We aim to create, discover and analyze data sources that will drive tomorrow’s entrepreneurship related research initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities:
We are looking for a passionate certified Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to cover requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. In addition, they will:
- Interpret data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Build and run iLab operation related data collection processes
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Validate and visualize diverse data sources; and help build tooling to enable data science initiatives across the iLab operation
The Data Analyst is a crucial position so you will need to work well with cross-disciplinary teams and be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. You will be expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, and understand the role well enough to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
We are looking for someone who is a quick learner and is highly organized and comfortable working across many projects. The successful candidate will possess a self-starting positive attitude, the ability to thrive in an autonomous environment and the willingness to learn.
Does this Describe You?
- Create data collection systems from scratch
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- SEO experience, coding skills are a bonus
- University degree
- Fluent English language skills (written and oral)
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Comfortable working in a highly international, diverse, rapidly evolving, extremely dynamic environment.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
- IT Development
- Database Expert
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter
- Contact information of three references
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at our website.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty from over 50 countries and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit our website.