We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Procurement Team and advance your career as a
Credit and Trade Finance Manager
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
In this role You will:
- Advise on the most appropriate Letter of Credit (LC) type to be used for risk mitigation and working capital management
- Accurate issuance of Letters of Credit (LC) and Bank Guarantees (BG)
- Review, amendment and extension of LCs, BGs, Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC)
- LC and Open Credit discounting
- Oversee the day-to-day margining activity in support of the regional businesses
- Timely preparation of documents for banks to have signed and sent for SBLC issuance to 3rd parties
- Liaise and generate application for issuance based on Extended Payment LC recaps, verify with counterparty, and send to issuing bank
- Provide oversight and support credit risk rating activities of the trading business
- Ensure timely and accurate updates to reference data in terms of new trading counterparties, terms of which we trade and external rating changes
- Coordinate with the appropriate settlements team to ensure the systems accurately represent the risk we hold and provide timely and effective communications to the necessary regional teams
- Engage regional business on risks or concerns identified within the portfolio or activity
- Proactively monitor and assess limit utilisation making limit/ratings recommendations back to the various regional teams.
- Collect improvement opportunities and suggest development measures to increase productivity within the team
- Coach, develop and manage an effective team
What You will need to be successful:
- Relevant degree
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Accounts Receivable, credit risk management or trade finance
- Managing a team in last 3-5 years
- Experience in operational credit or trade finance role for multinational company or international/regional banks is needed
- Fluency in English
- SAP knowledge is preferred
- Understanding of general accounting rules
- Experienced with Microsoft Suite especially Excel, Outlook and MS Word
- Familiarity with Uniform Customs & Practice for Documentary Credits and International Standby Practices is an advantage
- Experience at risk rating agency or Commercial Bank is an advantage
- Proven ability of building effective business relationships
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of fundamental credit drivers
- A sound understanding of commodity price structures
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days/week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.:Extended paternity leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.:Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.:Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor