HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
Senior Cost Engineer (electronic manufacturing)
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Senior Cost Engineer position will report into the HARMAN Best Cost Analytics organization and will be responsible for the development and delivery of cost models covering HARMAN’s Electronic Manufacturing Component and Systems. The developed cost models will establish Design-to-Cost targets, utilized by several teams including Engineering and Procurement.
- Creating cost models for internal and external assembly processes
- Utilize internal and external databases to build cost models
- Analyze cost breakdowns from supplier quotes and understand all cost influent factors for “is cost” analysis
- Participation at “Best initial cost” initiative with proactive solutions for Production by Providing creative ideas for electronic assembly with regards to “Design to cost”
- Support Procurement teams during the negotiation with supplier by applying “Target costing”
- Lead the technical definition and implementation of electronic manufacturing cost modeling solutions (EU and Americas), including the identification of analytics that enable trend data to be established
- Develop close technical relationships with suppliers and internals to identify best cost solutions, including emerging technologies that provide cost improvements.
- Work with Engineering & Product Sourcing during the new business quoting phase to establish reference cost targets.
- University degree in Engineering or Economics
- 5+ years’ work experience in Electronics manufacturing, deep understanding of assembly methods
- Cost engineering and/or VA/VE knowledge for assembly processes
- Experience in Automotive or EMS Manufacturing process, understanding of VDA 6.3 & IATF 16949, Six Sigma, ANSI/IPC standards for electronic manufacturing (experience with cost estimating tools is a plus)
- Experience on factory automation and Robotic
- Technical leadership skills with ability to lead technical cost innovation, ability to manage complex technical tasks through structured solutions.
- Experience in presenting complex technical topics to internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent English (Spanish and/or Chinese is a plus)
- Be a part of an international team working with the world’s largest automotive manufacturers
- Attractive salary package
- Career development opportunities
- Employee discounts on our HARMAN (JBL®, AKG®, HARMAN Kardon®) products
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply online which will take approx. 3 min to fill out the form and upload your documents.
HARMAN is and Equal Opportunity / Affirmantive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, or disability. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve with HARMAN!