Communications and publications specialist
Would you like to be the Communication and Publications Specialist of an International Organisation of 44-member countries, being responsible for planning and managing its communication and publication operations? Join us as a Communications and Publications SpecialistIn this role you will be responsible for the realisation of the mission and strategic objectives of the Organisation in the field of communication and publications.
Drafting and executing the Communications Plan of the Organisation, managing corelated events
Ensure active, consistent and meaningful communications on a day-to-day basis through online and print communications
Support basic media relations, including writing press releases and statements,
Work collaboratively with internal and external partners including other international organisations, and promote activities within the membership,
Improve with the visibility, publicity and promotional work of the Organisation,
Manage social media; including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts,
Create and maintain networks of high-level communications contacts within the membership as well as with media, international institutions and non-governmental organisations, businesses, researchers,
Assist and advise the Executive Secretary in his contacts with the media,
Monitor relevant events, conferences, articles, media coverage, provides proposals for IOTA’s participation,Ensure continuous improvement of IOTA communications and public relations, routinely reviews and analyses the most effective communications medium available, and recommends communication strategies and applications to the Executive Secretary and staff of the Secretariat.
Compile the information and documentation for publications,
Prepare publications (paper-based and digital) and informative materials, including brochures, short publications, event invitations, pre- and post-event documents, liaising with authors, external editors, designers and printers to ensure the highest quality content for users,
Participate in the development of the Organisation Publication Strategy, summarise the analytical findings of comparative studies,
Compile the information, review, update, maintain and further develop the content of the Organisation’s website.
- University or college degree preferably in International Relations or Communications
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities, manage projects and work with people at all levels
- Comfortable developing and/or working with project plans/timelines, flexible and able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Thorough understanding of international organisations and the European institutional framework
- Writing and editing skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences and communications mediums
- Media relations experience, including writing press releases and statements, building media lists, and collecting media mentions
- Experience in preparation of publications and informative materials
- The ability for analytical work and the capability of efficient networking would be an asset.
- Creative and resourceful personality, ability to work collaboratively in an international team
- Very good command of English and Hungarian languages
- Desktop publishing experience
- International professional background
What we offer:
- International working environment with the possibility to work together with high-level officials from 44+ countries and other international organisations
- Competitive salary + 34.500 HUF cafeteria / month
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Unlimited mobile phone usage within the EU
- All-inclusive travels abroad within the member countries as required by the Organisation work programme
- Marketing, Media, PR
- Communication and PR
- Project Manager
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
All of these are:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
- Hungarian - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
cell phone, cafeteria, professional training
How to apply/ contact information:
Please click the Apply button and send us your English CV together with your motivation letter and gross salary expectation.
The motivation letter should include why you would like to work for IOTA and also explain what makes you the perfect candidate for this job. Instead of the motivation letter, a short motivation video also can be sent.
Expected start of the job is February-March 2020.