Collateral Management Analyst/Associate - BDP
What Is Clearing And Collateral?
The Clearing and Collateral Management process attempts to minimize BlackRock’s counterparty exposure created by the build-up of unrealized profit and loss (P&L) on Over the Counter (OTC) and Exchange Traded Derivative transactions. Each day, cash and non-cash collateral is moved between BlackRock and our counterparties and Clearing Members to ensure that in the event of a default, BlackRock is compensated for the costs of re-establishing our positions at the prevailing market rate.
The Clearing and Collateral philosophy is anchored on BlackRock’s cornerstone principles: Innovation, Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, and the unified purpose of One BlackRock. Through that lens, we strive to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to create best in class solutions.
What Will You Do?
As an Analyst within the Clearing and Collateral team, you will have the chance to play an important role in an exciting new phase of the Collateral Mangement evolution. As a key member within the team, you will bring your passion, energy, drive and experience to help establish a dynamic, diverse and forward thinking team in a key new BlackRock location.
You will work with your manager to achieve benchmark in client service excellence, aggressive risk management practises, process improvement initiatives and task execution. Above all, you will be responsible for helping create a culture of openess, inclusion and proactive engagement at all levels, developing a “bottom up” approach to problem solving that favors creative, data driven, innovative solutions.
You will have a unique opportunity to develop strong relationships with BlackRock’s many external providers (counterparties, brokers, custodians, clearing houses, Fin Tech firms). BlackRock will give you the tools to develop technical expertise that will connect industry intelligence and market trends with BlackRock’s technology and operational capabilities to help define and execute clear business requirements that will evolve the future process.
As data sits at the heart of BlackRock Operational capability, you will have chance to access the extensive Aladdin database to help drive and influence key decisions. You will utilise this information to work closely with our brilliant technology partners and other subject matter experts from across the firm to manage risk, improve scale and efficiency, enhance client service and reduce cost. There will be opportunities to get involved with process re-engineering, robotics and aritficial inteligence (AI) functionality, and project managing the full automation of manual tasks.
- Help create a culture of openess, inclusion and proactive engagement at all levels, developing a “bottom up” approach to problem solving that favors creative, data driven, “outside of the box” solutions.
- Learn to adhere to stringent Operational risk management targets (Key Risk Indicators / Key Process Indicators), working with your manager to resolve and escalate aged or high value items.
- Become a technical expert by actively participating in Technology / Operations meetings, collating and presenting issues requiring remediation and helping ensure strategic projects remain on track.
- Develop strong relationships with external providers, ensuring BlackRock’s value proposition, technology roadmap, industry position is effectively communicated and supported. Participate in regular reviews to ensure BlackRock and our clients receives outstanding levels of service from all third party providers.
Who We Are Looking For
- Will be a self starter who enjoys operating in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, who is capable of working as part of a global team.
- Will be a creative individual, who possess a passion for problem solving, is numerically fluent, has superior analytical skills and can think outside the box
- Will have a deep interest in data, metrics, analysis and trends but also an ability to think strategically and keep sight of the bigger picture.
- Will possess an entrepreneurial drive and technical insight to identify control gaps and drive process improvement initiatives.
- Will be an excellent verbal and oral communicator, capable of articulating complex problems in a similpstic manner.
- Candidates from a range of backgrounds who show the right aptitide, attidude and desire to learn, and who are capable of developing a deep technical expertise in this area will also be considered.
- A “Student of the Markets” mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Natural team player able to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem solving mindset.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
- IT Development
- Database Expert
- Full time
- professional experience is not required
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem button” underneath.