Category Manager, Direct Materials Procurement
About the Role
The position will be responsible for global decorative metals and sub-assembly, global fasteners, stamping and packaging with a focus on the European Supply Base.
What You Will Do
- Develop and align responsible category strategy with both corporate and regional stakeholders to continually enhance Harman’s market position, as well as meeting supply chain and business requirements.
- Develop local supply base to achieve the best landed cost and services.
- Identify and evaluate market changes and new technologies -- make appropriate fact-based recommendations for adoption by Harman stakeholders
- Manage and/or lead preparation and evaluation of RFIs, RFPs and RFQ’s, feasibility study and tooling kick off, PPAP target setting.
- Program timeline managment to meet with key milestones such as FOT, DV, PV and PPAP target date. Support to resolve the problems proacttively.
- Create and implement cost reduction strategies for the responsible categories. Strong focus on the achievement of annual cost reduction targets.
- Execute effective supplier negotiations and event driven cost reductions to meet annual cost reduction goals.
- Close work with VAVE and Cost analytical team to identify and realize saving ideas through design optimization and process improvement, leading communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively manage supply risk and support resolving supply issues and quality complaints to ensure supply continuity and security to Harman global production plants.
- Supplier tool capacity analysis and plan out, tooling management.
- Establish strong vendor relationships including senior level, effectively manage supply base, perform advanced and intricate negotiations, and oversee selection of key vendors
- Establish goals, improvement plans, business reviews and monthly reporting related to areas of responsibility.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or engineering discipline
- 5 years of experience in Procurement in automotive industry
- Demonstrated experience within a global, multicultural, multi-location organization
- Fluent English
- Strategic thinking and self driven attitude
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel (30%, with 20% domestic, 10% overseas)
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration
- Access to employee discounts on world class Harman products. (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
How to apply:
Apply via "Jelentkezem" button underneath!