For more than 40 years, MSCI's research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world's leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is looking for an experienced Cassandra Database engineer to join the Database Engineering Team in the Budapest office. The candidate will be responsible for engineering, automating database solutions together with other engineering Teams (Storage, Linux etc.) for MSCI both on premise and in the cloud.
MSCI is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of End User Services Field Support Site Team lead. This position currently reports to the global head of End User Services Field Support based in New York. This position will be responsible for managing and executing the day to day field service operations (delivering IT support to our employees) in our Budapest and associated smaller regional sites.
- Enable MSCI to use Cassandra both on-prem and in the cloud
- Actively participate in Database migrations to Azure.
- Work closely with Application developers in Budapest, Berkeley, NY, Geneva and Mumbai to contribute contextual technical knowledge to their applications using Cassandra
- Actively participate in solutions architecture, product engineering and continual service improvement.
- Advocate effective use of Cassandra technology at MSCI across multiple business lines.
- Get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding - you should enjoy responsibility.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in Apache/Datastax Cassandra administration on large mission critical databases in a real time production environment
- Deep understanding of Cassandra fundamentals
- Strong command of solving Server and Application level performance problems
- Solid Linux background
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Hadoop,
- Oracle, Neo4j, MongoDB, Splunk, Elastic Search.
- Experience working in a financial services environment or other regulated environment.
- You know how to automate stuff.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis
- Special Engineering Areas
- Finance, Accounting
- Analyst, Advisor
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in this role please send your CV.
MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discriminiation on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.