For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
We are looking for a hands-on, junior Business Analyst with knowledge and experience of the financial markets and financial data management. Join our team and help building out a growing financial data management system designed to support proprietary products serving many different outside customers!
You must be highly analytical, creative, intelligent and should have knowledge of the financial markets as well as basic understanding of various data technologies. You must also be able to interact well with clients, vendors, colleagues and management, juggle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously. Understanding clients’ needs and uses of data and analytical tools in their investment processes is essential. You must be able to integrate quickly in our fast-paced and energetic, small but growing team and do what it takes to get the job done, drive forward both our thinking and our execution on financial data related solutions. This role is best suited for a results-driven, self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Analyze and document client data requirements and develop business logic to address their needs
- Work closely with global teams to provide an integrated and automated solution
- Coordinate and take an active role in implementation and development projects, conduct related communication in a professional way both externally and internally
- Work in tandem with the core development teams in realizing and maintaining a stable data channel. Help the Operations team in addressing any issues by leveraging solution and relationship experience
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with emphasis on quality and accuracy
Desired Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- Master degree in Finance, Economics is a plus
- 2-3 years of professional work experience
- Good understanding of capital markets, financial indices and financial data
- Knowledge of market data vendors and financial data management practices
- Experience and interactions with data systems and/or business intelligence solutions
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a result oriented, team-driven organization
- Strong Excel skills and understanding of SQL (Oracle, Sybase)
- Python is a plus
- Agile is a plus
- Fluent English is required
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem” button underneath.To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.