Backend System Developer
About the company:
liligo.com is a continuously developing company in the fast-moving world of online travel with offices in Paris, France and Budapest, Hungary and a presence across 10 European countries. We are looking for talented people who are passionate and motivated about making an impact and helping to take us to the next level. We help millions of people every day to find travel deals by enabling them to compare offers from hundreds of different travel websites. This is not just a job: it’s a mission!
We are looking for a Backend System Developer to be part of the Liligo Finance Operations Team. Our team is covering the bigger part of Liligo’s financial processes, furthermore, we are also responsible for providing data for the rest of the company through our internally developed ERP system.
Your task will be to design and develop new features using best practice and technology in IT to add new functionalities to our ERP system.
Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis.
You will be responsible for the performance, reliability, scalability, and security of the ERP system.
- Improve Liligo’s ERP system by implementing new features on the backend side
- Maintain the ERP system’s technical stack functionality by fixing bugs and defects
- Concentrate on a satisfying user experience both in terms of response times and usability
- Take part in the automatizing of the operation, administration and fine-tuning of software components
- Analyze performance characteristics to identify bottlenecks, failure points and security holes
- Work with fellow senior developers to define and deliver technical solutions
- Continuously improve your engineering skill set in order to enhance Liligo’s ERP stack
- Seeking system developer with 4+ Java backend experience
- Has strong SQL skills (knows how to design DBs and optimize queries)
- Familiar with Linux (Kubernetes is an advantage)
- Has networking knowledge (load balancers, proxies, network security should be familiar to you)
- Business-oriented mind (understands business needs quickly and can make development/maintenance decisions based on that) is a definite advantage
- Good to have No-SQL knowledge, too
- An easy to access, calm and cozy office in the heart of Budapest
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- A chance to investigate the newest technological trends
- The ability to impact the business, you can make a difference!
- A chance to join an international team
- A chance to demonstrate your table soccer skills!
- Social event on every Wednesday evening (Lilidrink)
- Friday morning breakfast (company provided)
- Flexible home office opportunities (after probation time)
- Music room (piano, guitar etc)
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediate / communication
Please send your English CV by clicking the "Jelentkezem" button.