Between 1000 and 2000 contacts are installed in a car . There is almost no car in the world which has not at least one product of TE Connectivity in.
TE Connectivity (TE) is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries,
TE ensures that
EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS.
With 1,500 employees our manufacturing plant is one of the biggest employer in Esztergom. Our teams are manufacturing connector systems for the automotive industry and deliver to various customers around the world.
Join our team and be a part of our success, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
AWS Cloud Systems Engineer (Systems Reliability) - II
As part of TE’s core Cloud COE (Center of Excellence), the Cloud Operations Admin will work within the guidelines of TE’s cloud strategy, standards and framework, and will have a key role with the support of TE’s cloud platforms, focusing on the delivery of platform services (servers, databases, load balancers, storage, etc.), troubleshooting, participating in project consulting with our application users, and collaborating with our senior team members to help drive system stability through well architected cloud services, as well as a mindset of IaC (Infrastructure as Code). Our goal is to deliver an immutable and secure cloud platform with repeatable and consistent cloud infrastructure services to support our business needs.
This will be a direct report to the Manager for the Cloud Architecture, Design & Operations team, within TE’s Global Infrastructure & Security Solutions COE.
- Implement and manage IaaS and PaaS services in TE’s cloud platforms (following manual processes and/or automation with scripts / tools). Support/management scope are for core infrastructure services (servers, elastic load balancers, storage, virtual private cloud containers, gateways, etc.). Database support will be confined to delivery of either server images with DB software or PaaS DB’s, under the guidelines of our global DB standards.
- OS level support of both Windows and Linux environments, including troubleshooting, responding to platform alerts, and change management (cloud server system admin responsibilities)
- OS hardening and scripted tool installation
- Utilizing SSM Patch Manager to apply OS patching
- Collaborate with other platform technology tower operation teams (server, database, storage, backup & recovery) to troubleshoot and support platform services
- Respond and action alerts / Service Now tickets for issues and new requests
- Assist with identifying areas for improvement to drive automation and improve the resiliency / health of our cloud services
- Drive the improvement of our cloud documentation (either new or updating)
- Participate in team meetings and contribute with cross-team knowledge sharing
Competencies & Experience/Qualifications:
- General understanding of infrastructure solution concepts (DNS, network LAN/WAN, virtualization technologies, active directory, database technologies, Windows/Linux operating systems)
- Strong understanding the use of core cloud services such as S3, EC2, EFS, SSM, RDS, Lambda, AWS Backup, etc.
- Server OS support and troubleshooting, as well as external dependencies that server functionality depends on, such as storage, updates, licensing, and supporting tier 0 services, such as network connectivity
- Working with userdata scripts, SSM, and EC2 Builder to standardize images
- AWS SSM Patch manager
- Ability to create from scratch / update / enhance cloud formation scripts (Infrastructure as code) using native services (AWS Cloud Formation), or working with industry standard cloud scripting languages (Python, Terraforms, YAML, JSON) a plus
- Self-driven and able to work in an agile team within a large enterprise organization, collaborating with other technical towers
- Willingness to learn and the ability to grasp new concepts / build onto existing foundational knowledge
- Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- AWS certification in System Ops, Solution Architecture, or DevOps a plus
- 4+ years’ experience in a technical role related to the Computer Science and technology field (infrastructure platforms / virtualized environments)
- 3+ years’ experience with server support
- 3+ years’ experience with working with core IaaS cloud services (AWS)
- Experience in support of container services (docker/Kubernetes) a plus
How to apply/ contact information:
Are you interested? Send your CV to us and be a part of our success!
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Database Expert
- 3-5 years professional experience
- College degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
- Employee status