Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Applications Engineer - Veszprém
As inside sales engineer you support our commercial operations team in the EMEA region. Your day to day job is all about providing application engineering support and generating quotations to support our selling activities across the region. You respond to requests for quotations by evaluating customers’ requirements and provide quotations across our portfolio of mechanical seals. You are working in a customer facing environment.
In addition, you:
- Prepare technically sound and cost-effective quotations to contribute to project related sales and bookings growth;
- Prepare detailed, complete and correct purchase orders for proper entry into our respective manufacturing operations
- Coordinate and facilitate the negotiation of commercial issues involved in quotation and procurement processes;
- Meet up with internal and/or external customers to discuss specifications and applications;
- Oversee and monitor the proposal throughout the entire bid cycle including updating and maintaining designated quote management system, while analyzing performance to maximize hit-rate and responsiveness;
- Built positive relationships with internal and external partners to more effectively coordinate bookings’ growth and resolve issues;
- Minimize business risks by identifying areas commercial concern and mitigate accordingly and ensure clean order hand-offs occur on successful proposals and minimize errors which could deteriorate margins.
What is in it for you
Our brand-new R&D center is located in a new office building in Budapest and is serving as a key resource in researching and developing innovative product solutions. In here, we focus on incorporating leading edge technologies in fluid dynamics, tribology, roto-dynamics and mechatronics into our products. With this career changing opportunity, we offer you the following:
- Working with state-of-the-art technologies in your field;
- The possibility to work in a diverse, multinational environment and get in touch with different cultures all over the world;
- Extensive training and development opportunities to provide you with specific knowledge;
- A competitive base salary and interesting benefit package;
You are joining a young and relatively new team - in a fast growing and highly innovative environment. Have we already convinced you to join the team of engineers?
You are our ideal colleague if you…
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree from university in mechanical, chemical, electrical or industrial engineering;
- Have approximately two-plus years’ relevant industry experience or demonstrated capability (preferred);
- Demonstrate a firm and instructional understanding of pump & seal applications and types, affinity laws and how these relate to pumps, seals and systems;
- Have proven knowledge of industry standards;
- Speak and write excellent in English. German or French as a second or third language is an advantage;
- Are a confident user of Microsoft Office programs;
- Are experienced in supervising junior engineers and other team members is a plus;
- Are open for limited travel.
You as a person…
- Are able to quickly learn how to correctly size and select control valve solutions for standard and severe service applications;
- Are detail oriented and flourish in a quick paced environment;
- Know how to prioritize all daily requests and balancing customers’ requirements within the assigned territory;
- Are an excellent teammate with supportive attitude and good interpersonal skill set;
- Enthusiastically cultivate and maintain a high level of communication with relevant partners in order to provide a high quality of customer service;
- Possess excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Have a keen attention to detail and process driven mindset with experience mechanical aptitude;
- Have a continuous improvement mindset and high degree of comfort with quoting tools and related technologies.
- Mechanical Engineer
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- Network and System Engineer
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
Any of these are:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
- German - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
- French - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply/ contact information:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem button” underneath.