Join Vodafone Hungary and build a better tomorrow!
We are looking for a
Application Support Expert - VOD000DEJ
for our Technology Team
At Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and build a better tomorrow. It is the future we have in our mind when we see the speed of technology development. There is so much creativity across the technology industry that the speed of change is increasing. We embrace the opportunities of the future and work proactively to make good use of technology. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
Your place in the team
Responsible for the operation, support and maintenance in relationship to the company’s IT systems within the online domain (main applications included but not limited to Vodafone.hu, Electronic Bill Presenter, Online SelfCare, MobilePayments). 2nd line support and maintenance of IT applications and supervising role on supported application area. 2nd line maintenance and support means highest escalation level on trouble shooting responsibility, deepest system knowledge and specialization on platforms and services than in first line maintenance. The activities include end user and daily 1st line support, application maintenance, vendor management, application related reporting, installation, automatization, administration, test support, furthermore participation in developments and take over to operations. Maintains direct vendor contact regarding third line maintenance support issues and fault tracking. Sets up systems and application monitoring tools for the 1st line maintenance service departments surveillance and trouble shooting.
You will be involved in the following tasks
- Able to solve medium to high complexity applications related incidents coming from end-users, Service Assurance, Application Monitoring Teams as well.
- Second analysis: logging incidents and their status in Operations Work Flow management System with collecting all related information (log, report, heap/thread dump, SQL)
- Able to analyse impact of incident and communicate it to affected user areas and minimize it
- Escalating applications related incidents towards application vendor (3rd line support and maintenance) and track status
- Liaising with other second line operations groups and development to solve incidents
- Suggest solution to solve the root cause (the problem) of the incident
- Ensures that application operations SLA with end-users is held
- Suggest changes
- Supports and end-users in functionality of the applications
- Provide consultation and informal trainings to end-users
- Understands monitoring concept, knows monitoring tools used for application and can define and interpret complex application alerts
- Can create complex monitoring scripts for application monitoring
- Can manage complex operation task handover towards 1st line support - ATST/TSC
- Provide consultation and informal trainings to 1st line
- Understands application support requirements towards developments
- Makes sure that relevant (load/operational/regression/integration etc.) test for new developments takes place
- Keeps track of application changes with version control and is makes sure that release management is kept
- Application related reporting
- Test support
- Participation in developments and take over to operations
- Participate in specialist trainings that related to supported applications and areas, study operations and user manuals, requests specialist trainings
- Regularly checks performance of supported applications and areas if it keeps SLA
- Capacity analysis
- Application tuning if configurable or makes suggestion to configuration tuning
- Participate in project and business related meetings which affect development or operation
- Supervising first line support / 16 monitoring and helpline staff
- Supporting internal end-users / 300
- Supporting IT systems Application serving 3 million subscribers
We are looking for you if you have:
- Broad IT background with emphasis on the application development and support cycle related methodologies and technologies
- UNIX/LINUX knowledge
- Experience with JAVA application server technologies (Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat) and Webserver technology (Apache httpd)
- Good written and oral communication skills both in Hungarian and English
- Willingness to shell scripting
- Liferay experience
- SQL knowledge (MS/Oracle)
- TCP/IP basics
- ITIL knowledge
- Good interpersonal skill, possibly experience of a multicultural environment
- Experience in the development of business processes and procedures
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Independent and proactive
- Interested in the following technology and methodology areas:
Diversity and Inclusion
Vodafone is a company that values diversity. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with diverse teams. Our aim is to build a culture where no one will be discriminated based on either their gender, age, cultural background or sexual identity, orientation. Vodafone is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
The future is exciting. Ready?
- IT Development
- Programmer, Developer
- Project Management
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
Budapest, 1096 Lechner Ödön fasor 6.
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in the position, apply online!