Vodafone Hungary is looking
Application Support Expert - 000000BUD000032
Responsible for the operation, support and maintenance in relationship to the company’s IT systems within the Integration domain (main applications included but not limited to Vodafone.hu, EBP, eCare, Webshop).
Second line support and maintenance of the IT applications and supervising role on supported application area. Second line maintenance and support means highest escalation level on trouble shooting responsibility, deepest system knowledge and specialization on platforms and services than in first line maintenance.
The activities include end user and daily first line maintenance support, application maintenance, vendor management, furthermore participation in developments handover on the operations part. Maintains direct vendor contact regarding third line maintenance support issues and fault tracking. Sets up systems and application monitoring tools for the first line maintenance service departments’ surveillance and trouble shooting. Prepares documentation and sets up of alarm systems with correlation rules. Checks that both user and vendor SLA’s are held.
Suggest improvements in all areas he supports and maintains. 5x8 hours weekly and requested to do out of normal working hour on-call service in average a week a month.
- Deploying and supporting applications on test and production environment.
- Able to solve medium to high complexity applications related incidents
- Liaising with other second line operations groups and development to solve incidents
- Able to analyse impact of incident and communicate it to affected user areas and minimize it
- Suggest solution to solve the root cause (the problem) of the incident
- Understands monitoring concept, knows monitoring tools used for application and can define and interpret complex application alerts
- Working together with application development team and vendors
- Understands application support requirements towards developments and makes sure that they are acceptance tested
- Makes sure that regression test for new developments takes place
- Keeps track of application changes with version control and is makes sure that release management is kept
- Can suggest and applies changes in application on demand: e.g. reference data, operational parameters, bulk modification
- Report incidents towards application vendor (third line support and maintenance) and any performance issue towards development, and tracks resolution status
- Regularly checks performance of supported applications and areas if it keeps SL
- University or Bachelor degree or relevant working experience
- Strong understanding of Linux OS (Mainly Red Hat) . Shell scripting knowledge would be beneficial.
- Strong technical and analytical and problem solving skills
- Understandig ISO/OSI and TCP/IP model, good knlowledge in networking
- General knowledge of Apache 2.x
- General knowledge of Oracle and MS databases
- Experience in WebLogic or similar java application servers
- Good team player and able to work in an "open office" workplace
- Broad IT background with emphasis on the application deployment and debugging
- Good written and oral communication skills both in Hungarian and English
The future is exciting. Ready?
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- IT Support, Helpdesk
- System operator, Maintenance Staff
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - intermediary/communicative
1096 Budapest, Lechner Ödön fasor 6.
How to apply/ contact information:
If you are interested in the position, apply online!