For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
APPLICATION SUPPORT ENGINEER - BUDAPEST
The candidate will learn, practice and develop a strong multi-disciplinary technical skill-set: you will manage the release and deployment process, environment configuration, capacity management, production support and problem management in a global team of support engineers. You will liaise with application developers, business leaders and product owners providing feedback and recommendations on application architecture and operations. You will participate in projects evaluating new technologies, cloud migrations, product pilots and more including an ongoing DevOps transformation.
- Deploy and provide application support for industry leading financial analytics applications hosted across multiple data centres running on both Windows and Unix/Linux platforms.
- Provide root cause analysis as required to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Interact with internal development, infrastructure and QA teams to solve issues and complex problems.
- Identify areas for automation and innovation in technology, process and operations.
- Actively identify incidents and as necessary manage the incident resolution process to provide service recovery and manage client communications and expectations in respect to incident resolution.
- Identify opportunities for optimizing system performance and stability.
- Liaise with application developers, business leaders and product owners providing feedback and recommendations on application architecture and operations.
- Participate in projects evaluating new technologies, cloud migrations, product pilots and more.
- Weekend on-call shift required on a rotational basis.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or other similar concentration or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in release management/system administration or other similar technical field.
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux Administration. (Windows is a plus).
- Strong Scripting skills (Bash).
- Database experience a plus – Oracle/MSSQL skills.
- Proven Network/Application troubleshooting.
- Apache/Tomcat/Web Services/JMS experience is a plus.
- Software management/development experience is a plus (Java, XML preferred)
- Fluent English.
- Experience working in a global, remotely distributed team.
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently and within a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience or interest in Finance a plus.
More information about our Budapest office:
- Inspiring working environment on 4,500 m2 in 13th district shortlisted as Budapest Office of the Year.
- Opportunities for socialisation and teamwork: bistro, table tennis, table soccer, Xbox, table top games.
- Family friendly company with regular social events.
- Internal moves are highly supported by managers.
- Attractive compensation package: bonus, 13th month salary, voluntary pension fund contribution, private healthcare, cafeteria package.
- IT Development
- Project Management
- IT Operation, Telecommunication
- IT Support, Helpdesk
- Network and System Engineer
- Full time
- 1-3 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation
How to apply:
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem” button underneath.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.