Analyst – developer - PYTHON
WHY JOIN US?
To design, develop, test, document, implement, support and tune new and existing Python /MSSQL based programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards, primarily for the global Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM) solution. This will include producing or assisting in the production and refinement of the detailed specifications. Support will also include debugging of source code and error resolution following reported incidents by the PLM user community.
YOUR MAIN GOALS WILL BE:
- To design moderately complex programs and program modifications normally from
- supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
- To create and amend programs in accordance with the design.
- To plan, design and conduct tests of programs –correcting errors and undertaking re-tests – to achieve an error-free result.
- To analyze, debug, and performance tune programs
- To document all work in accordance with agreed standards.
- To ensure that the deliverables of program design, creation, testing, documentation and implementation are undertaken in line with an agreed plan and that they are completed on time.
- To conduct reviews, with others, of designs, test plans, program code and
- documentation (of both their own work and the work of colleagues) to ensure that these meet with agreed standards
- To provide support for existing systems ensuring that problems are resolved in a methodical and timely manner and that progress is communicated effectively to all relevant parties
- To assist other colleagues as required and in particular to be flexible enough to be effective in a changing environment with changing priorities.
- To maintain an awareness of developments in the industry and participate in the sharing of knowledge and ideas across the development teams in order to improve the standards of work across the department.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE:
- Be able to demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to
- problem solving – paying close attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication ability in English covering all routine activities and contacts
- Be able to absorb, rapidly, new technical information as required
- Be able to competently plan, schedule and monitor their own work
- Be familiar with, and be able to use as directed, all applicable tools, methods, procedures and standards
- Strong understanding of object-oriented Python
- Documented experience in delivering programs using Python, understanding its strengths and weaknesses
- Have worked in a structured, team-based environment, and understand good software engineering practices
- You are an experienced user of MS Office tools and have strong general SQL – knowledge.
- A track record of min. 3-5 years with the following technologies
- OO-Python 2.*, 3.*,
- Subversion, Git, GitHUB
- Competitive salary package with cafeteria and bonus
- Opportunity to advance professionally
- Dynamic and modern working environment
- Participate in global projects
- IT Development
- IT Consultant, Analyst, Auditor
- Programmer, Developer
- Full time
- 3-5 years professional experience
Required language level:
- English - higher advanced/fit for negotiation