Job ID: 84676BR
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Global Business Services Center (GBS) for the EMEA Region will be comprised of a high performing team responsible for the timely delivery of standardized financial processes on behalf of Thermo Fisher Finance and their business partners within the Commercial and Manufacturing operations. When fully formed, the group will perform certain accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general accounting activities from the regionally centralized location.
This role will be responsible for conducting key general accounting activities such as Month End and Quarter End close, Intercompany, Fixed Assets, Financial Reporting, Account Reconciliations and General Ledger for the EMEA region. The objective of this role is to enable GBS to meet their business objectives by providing quality general accounting analysis and overall business support for the Center Leadership and local division/country colleagues as well as working closely with the Centre of Excellence in Paisley.
- Supports components or portions of the GA responsibilities inclusive of General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Month End Close.
- Performs period-end financial close activities and meets all related deadlines.
- Prepares monthly journal entries as needed.
- Performs balance sheet account reconciliations, including general ledger accounts and sub-ledger accounts.
- Management reporting to Corporate through Hyperion.
- Ensures customer needs and relationships are fulfilled and enhanced through proactive involvement and interaction.
- Serves in a liaison role with the EMEA Finance departments.
- Supports necessary financial applications.
- Maintains complete and accurate standard operating procedures and supports control documentation requirements (SOX) where required.
- Supports requests from external and internal auditors as well as various groups companywide.
- Skills Required:
- Accuracy is required in performing all aspects of the role.
- Proactivity to drive continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills to interact at various levels inside and outside the organization.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Fluency in English required.
- Fluency in any other European language is a plus
- University or College Degree in Finance field is an advantage.
- Relevant experience in the related Finance area.
- Working knowledge of ERP (SAP) - desired but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Hyperion - desired but not essential.
Education and Experience: :
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
You can apply with the „Jelentkezem" button underneath.